propane jet burner advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbone78

Reaction score
howdy everyone, i am a three year brewer and a first time homebrewtalk poster (but i read a lot of the forums).

i have read some other forums on this, but they were old. so i thought i would start a new one.

i am about to build a brutus. i am looking into some modifications to the original plan. i read some forums about using small 10-11 jet burners instead of the large ones because they were overkill.

first off, i am going to use low pressure burners and regulators. secondly, i am thinking of only doing small burners for mash and lauder burners and large burners for boil.

any advice?

also, check out these burners. they are cheap, but something just don't seem right...what do you think?

Propane Burner Parts : Propane Jet Burners

I just bought these burners and hooked them up to my system. I used 1/2" pipe with a 2-stage regulator running 10wc (1/2 psi). The burners have a 3/8" FPT; so you will have to reduce the 1/2" pipe at the burner. I have these set up on my HLT and boil kettle. I can run both at same time and I am pretty happy with them.

Plankton,
thanks for your reply. i was wondering if anyone was going to comment. i assume you are talking about the burners from my link? when i found them, i just thought there was some kind of catch. with that warning label and everything.

-j

I was a little concerned as well as these were considerably less than other sites I found. However, I have no complaints with them.

I recall reading something recently about some jet burners having bad or missing threads in them. Not sure if these are affected by this issue or not but worth keeping in mind.

Back