Progress - Sierra Nevada Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odonnpj

Reaction score
Today marks two weeks since I bottled my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. I chilled, and tested. I bought actual Sierra Nevada to compare it to, and though it is missing some of the hoppyness and bitterness I expected, it is still a marked improvement from my first attempt at brewing:rockin:. It is slightly cloudy with a very faint sour taste, as I think i stirred up some of the yeast sediment while bottling.

My first beer did not turn out well at all. It was an extract Hef kit that hasn't really carbonated (been conditioning for almost 7 weeks now). Some bottles are worse than others and have a very sour taste. But, I am very pleased with the progress between brew #1 and brew#2. I am excited to share this batch with my friends.

:mug:

Very cool! What was your recipe? I used this:

30hwrrq.png

I decided to experiment a bit with it. After the boil, I split the 5 gallon batch into two. In one fermentor, I pitched a smack pack of 1056, the other I pitched a starter that I began with the sediment from two bottles of the real brew. Still got another month or so until I taste them, but it should be pretty good.

Latest posts

Back