New brewer & member

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chungl

Reaction score
Hi there 🤗

I'm @chungl. I'm based in Denver, CO, USA and I started brewing about a month ago. Batches 6 & 7 are fermenting right now, an Achromatic Stout and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone with some fresh hops I found last week.

The first few batches weren't great, but I've really enjoyed an earlier batch of the Sierra Nevada clone as well as a tea beer my girlfriend came up with based on Twisted Pine's Honey Lotus.

I really like to experiment and learn. Currently working with limited space, I'm doing 1-3 gallon batches in a DIY'ed glycol chiller/mini kegerator combo.

Denver peeps: I'm downtown and would love to host and/or join a homebrew meetup, or just grab a beer with some other brewers.

-chungl

Attachments

• PXL_20230815_011234523.jpg
    PXL_20230815_011234523.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Welcome! This site is a great resource for research and advice.

You seem to have the ingenuity (and helpful significant other) to do well with this hobby.

Good luck, and feel free to ask for advice here as the need arises.

Welcome to the gang and the world of brewing!

Impressive only doing this for a month and you have that many batches in.

Finding your groove will come in time. Learning as you brew is the key to getting better. We all started out with our first batch, some have hit it perfect while others wondered if the hobby was a mistake.

Take notes with each brew and try to see if there's improvements to make or changes in your brewing process. Talking to others, like this forum or better yet a local club can be extremely helpful. Joining the local brew club was the best move I made.

Keep brewing, keep learning!

Back