Probably a stupid pot/turkey fryer question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWavs

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but....

I recently bought a turkey fryer. It is the type that has the ring that the aluminum pot fits perfectly in. My stainless steel pot is slightly smaller in diameter and fits but not a snug fit like the pot that came with the fryer. Can I use the stainless steel pot or do I lose a lot of the flame heat because the pot is not tightly in the ring??

you'll be fine as long as there is a fire under the pot, even with a keggle you'll lose heat from the sides.

I actually debated this question with myself a couple times. I have a similar issue, I bought a pot/burner combo then bought a separate high pressure burner, not sure it makes any difference and still only takes roughly 10-20 minutes to get to full boil. My burner is square and my pot is obviously round so it doesn't fit snug by any means. I'm convinced it doesn't matter and than heat traveling up the sides of the pot may actually help!

I would say that unless it is quite a bit smaller, like 2 inches or more showing all the way around, you are good to go. On mine the pot that came with the burner leaves at least 1/2 inch gap all the way around.

Back