Prime Dose Capsules sure take a long time to dissolve!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patagium

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the Prime Dose gelatin capsules fully dissolving? I bottled 4 cases of Honey Ale over 24 hours ago and I can still see the gelatin caps floating around in the bottle. The beer has been in a controlled environment at a steady 68 to 70 degrees and appear to be somewhat dissolved.
I have never tried these before, but appears to be nothing but praise about them on line. I normally use corn sugar or Coopers drops.

From what I'm reading lately on this blog, I have to strain my beer when I pour it because the gel caps just sorta hang in there, while these idiots who promote it sit and make 20 bucks a bottle. I guess, just ruined 5 gallons of honey ale for this crap. I think this product needs to be thrown back to the bone heads who promote it and be done with it!

Yea, table sugar is the only sugar to bottle with, anything else is a waste of time and money.

I'm definitely going back to the basics, because anything else is really just SWILL!

I affirm this. I've used Prime Dose once from a fellow brewer who tried it and refused to have anything else to do with it after having the capsules floating in his beer, and again months later ordered it on my own and have had the same problem. He told me Northern Brewer offered him a $10 rebate saying the capsules had been exposed to too much humidity. Well, apparently months later when I ordered my batch of them nothing had changed so I'm calling B.S.!!! Overpriced B.S., at that. A good idea done wrong.

Also, wouldn't you think they should refund $20 instead of $10 if they are admitting the product is faulty? Like instead of saying "Hey, sorry we sold you crap, here's half of your money back!"?

Back