Pressurized Closed Loop Corny Keg Fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, i love the idea of doing this!!! But dumb question, i would like to ferment in a keg, then have it moved to my serving keg, but also be able to maybe bottle half of the batch. Yes i know, why bottle if I have it in serving keg?, well i would like to brew a batch with a buddy of mine, and then give him half of the brew in bottles so he can drink it whenever he feels like it instead of having to come over to my place and either grab a growler of it, or whatever.

I have seen the posts to build a beer gun etc, but that's beyond me right now so wasn't sure how to move it out to bottles.
Depends on what type of beer and storage period. If it's a hoppy beer you'll probably need to use a counter pressure filler of some kind to have any reasonable shelf life. Although I think alot of people oxidize their beers and just don't notice, which is fine. If you're kegging half and bottling half you'll be able to tell if there's a difference and your bottling method is effective.

Back