Popped the Keg Cherry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryggehus

Reaction score
I did it. My first kegged home brew is now sitting in the fridge.

Some of you were kind enough to give me advice last week about waiting it out to get my C02 tank filled (and it sucks how hard it is to fill tanks on weekends). I was able to get to Airgas and get my tank swapped.

So....I bought my corny keg, tank, regulator, and shank years ago and never got around to setting it up. Now the fridge is set up and my first keg (I'm going to cry) is sitting in there carbonating.

The small fridge has the tap on the door and I drilled a spot on the side to run the gas line inside so I can keep my 20# tank outside and leave more inside for the bottles (plus I keep soda, milk, Gatoraide etc in there).

I am just giddy like a kid at Christmas.

Oh, I already sampled it. It is exactly how I expected it to taste (only flat). I always sample while brewing. I taste the wort and the pre-carbonated beer. I had one years ago that never went to bottling because something either contaminate the batch or I had some nasty yeast. It was sour.

This one is good. I will probably have one tonight with my Irish Red Ale that I bottled a month ago (that one turned out great as well).

Cheers!

CONGRATS! I just got into the home brewing about a month ago and decided right off the bat that I was not going to bottle. Long story short, kegged my first ever batch of beer sat night and had it carbing in the fridge. I sampled the beer yesterday and it was good. Not exactly great, but I am pumped to have 5 gal of beer kegged and ready to drink this weekend. I am dying for my temp controller from amazon to get to my house so I can get my keg in it's proper home. CHEERS!

Back