Polarware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etho1416

Reaction score
I bought a Polarware Made in the USA 42qt brewpot from Williams Brewing and was disappointed to to see that it was not welded on the inside and that the ball valve would not screw on all the way. These two issues seemed to leave spaces for crud to hide and bacteria to ruin my beer. Plus the ball valve does not screw flush to the connector, so I risk snapping it if I tighten to much, which seems like an issue that could have been easily avoided with a more exact design. I called Williams Brewing and they suggested contacting Polarware directly.

I emailed Polarware and received a really nasty immature email response that said (using a ton of all caps, which was totally unecessary) that no has ever complained before and gave a brief confusing explanation for why they don't weld the inside holes and said nothing about the ball valve.

I will avoid all Polarware products from now on and will get Blichmanns or megapots. The Polarware pots are overpriced and not worth the extra money now that I see how they are designed. And if their customer service is this awful, I figure the brewpot I got will turn out pretty awful too.

I'd return it back to Wiliams. They have a 60 day warranty/return policy on defective equipment.

Back