Please Help!!! Is my NEIPA infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpghomebrewer1992

Reaction score
Hi everyone, fairly new to homebrewing and totally brand new to posting (long time lurker).

I started brewing about 5 months ago and have around 8 batches under my belt. I've had some very great success with most of my batches however i just brewed up a NEIPA and noticed there is some white film or something on the walls of the fermentor mixed in with the dry hop crud now that the fermentation has slowed down a bit.

Cleaning Process:
- i feel i am very meticulous i soak soak everything for a few hours in PBW / oxi, scrub the heck out of it drain and rinse it all spray with starsan, i took the entire fermzilla fermentor apart and cleaned the heck out of it with oxi and and sealed it all up and washed it with starsan before putting the wort in. The previous beer i brewed in it was a Porter infused with vanilla bean, lactose and earl grey tea - it turned out amazing.
- One thing I worry about is i didnt realize i need to boil my immersion chiller in the wort for 10 mins prior to chilling, i usually just clean it with PBW on brew day and leave it soaking in my starsan until i need to use. I throw it in the moment boiling is complete.

This NEIPA is 6 days old today, it was dry hopped 3 days ago (due for second dry hopping today but i am worried it is infected :( )

When i dry hop take the airlock off and use a sanitized funnel and pour the hops in, i even sanitize the hop bags before opening. I then put a new sanitize airlock back on. I know there is some risk on Oxygen but its minimal as the airlock hole is a bottle cap size

Please help!!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
View attachment 675800

boiling your chiller is so you don't have to leave it in sanitizer. and the wort is probably hot enough to sanitize it at flameout anyway.

Thank you for your quick replies everyone! I am so worried about getting an infection - my beer supply is running low lol!

Back