Philly Area Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure it's Bella Vista for Prairie but I don't know for sure.

Correct: http://prairieales.com/distributors/

Evahflow check with Bella Vista since they're the main distro point (albeit probably the most expensive spot in the city). You can try Beer Yard (call first) but if you're staying actually IN the city, getting out there and back will suck bc we have the ****ing worst roads ever.

While expensive for some stuff, Bella Vista is the cheapest for stuff they distribute as far as I've seen. Haven't done research into this or anything just my observations.

Thanks guys. I'll be staying at my girlfriends parents in Drexel Hill. I just figured I'd try to get a case if I could. I'll check those out.

Probably a little late to help any of you all out but Iron Abbey just unloaded a stash of Cantillon onto the shelf today. Vignerrone, St Lamvinus, Grand Cru, and Gueuze. Fairly priced too, which was the even bigger shock.

ISO someone in the Philly area who got fen tao this weekend. I don't feel like trading for it. I have an Aurelian lure and mvb to open. It would be cool to get close to if not all of their bottles together for a share. Surely we can pull this off Philly

ISO someone in the Philly area who got fen tao this weekend. I don't feel like trading for it. I have an Aurelian lure and mvb to open. It would be cool to get close to if not all of their bottles together for a share. Surely we can pull this off Philly
Again, why are you going to be away around Thanksgiving? I have a bottle coming :p

922BuWJ.gif

Anybody know anything about 2nd Story Brewing, the brewpub moving into the old Triumph space in Old City? alitteral? Apparently they are opening this weekend.
I know that the executive chef is from a restaurant down this way that's very good. Know nothing about the beer.

Anybody know anything about 2nd Story Brewing, the brewpub moving into the old Triumph space in Old City? alitteral? Apparently they are opening this weekend.

I know a thing or two, but I am not involved in the new place. The last I heard the brewery was going to open on the 13th, but that date has come and gone. There was a number of renovations in progress when I was there last and around the construction, there looked to be some very nice changes to the decor. I am interested to see the final product.

The chef on location (Bryan) is the same as the one that was there for Triumph and he does great work.

As for the beer, I have not tried anything brewed to date, but the brewer (John) has multiple years of home-brewing experience. They have installed 8 additional taps to include a variety of outside beers/cider. There was also talk about a bottle list (outside beers) and stepping up the wine selection. The idea was to be more inclusive and attract a wider variety of drinker/diner.

Anybody feel free to chime in with additional insight or any corrections.

I got a press release about them last week actually - says they're supposed to be opening on 10/21.

Notable piece here about the beer:
"The heartbeat of 2nd Story will pulse loudly on the second floor, where guests can rest comfortably at the copper-topped bar while watching Wible brew a fresh batch of lager from the brewery’s 15-bbl brewing system. His extensive draft list will feature four distinctive house beers and five rotating taps, with one cask engine, and seasonal favorites such as Great Harvest Pumpkin Ale and Colonial Porter on draught, as well as a thoughtful cocktail menu and dedicated list of favorite domestic bottles and even ciders for the non-craft beer lovers. In addition, there will be an upstairs fireplace and beer garden, accented with salvaged oak and nostalgic photos of iconic Philadelphia breweries."

Back