Perlick friction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wing Nut

Reaction score
Hey all!

My new Perlick faucets arrived yesterday from Austin Homebrew and am I excited! I installed them right away but noticed a issue. The friction is so low on these faucets that I am afraid that they may get bumped on resulting in a beer flood all over the floor. I have read the manual and tried to adjust the two collars at the top, it helped a bit but not a lot. Any suggestions? I would hate to have to go back to the ol' ventomatics!

Cheers!

Wing nut

Do yours drip a lot? I hate these things with a passion. They drip like crazy, I think the design blows goats. If I would have seen one I would have never switched. Cheap junk. Now that I gave away my old perlicks it's going to cost me some stupid tax to switch back.

Tighten the nut where the handle comes out. Mine are the new style and they work great. Of the six I bought new.....2 need a quick turn on the nut.

Mine drip a couple of times after they're shut off, but that's just the residual beer in the nozzle. After that, they're fine. Are yours dripping constantly?!?!

Not constantly, but way to much. My old ones maybe 3 to 4 drops, these around 15 to 20, and their on their first kegs.

Still doesn't stop them from dripping.

Since I don't have any dripping problems with any of my 4, I doubt it's that common. Either way, stopping them from dripping doesn't seem to be top priority here. You realize you COMPLETELY threadjacked the OP's thread, right?

No dripping issues for me. Mine did seem loose, but they are the first taps I've had, so I had nothing to compare them too. I'll look into the nut thing.

Back