Foaming Issue with Dispensing Seltzer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdouglas19

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been having issues with getting my hard seltzer to dispense without just foam coming from the faucet. I've got an EdgeStar KC3000SS with 3 Perlick taps that originally had only 5-6' of 3/16" ID draft line, which I replaced with 15'. Kegerator temp is set to 38-degrees F and carb of ~ 20 psi. I originally had it set to 30 psi and dropped it to 20 after purging the keg. Since I was still having foaming issues with 15' I extended the line with an additional 15' of tubing using (2) 1/4" swivel nuts with barb and a two-sided MFL nipple, and am still having foaming issues.

Any advice on what to do next?

* The tower is only insulated with the white foam that was included underneath the cap and around most of the interior of the tower.

Hey all,

I've been having issues with getting my hard seltzer to dispense without just foam coming from the faucet. I've got an EdgeStar KC3000SS with 3 Perlick taps that originally had only 5-6' of 3/16" ID draft line, which I replaced with 15'. Kegerator temp is set to 38-degrees F and carb of ~ 20 psi. I originally had it set to 30 psi and dropped it to 20 after purging the keg. Since I was still having foaming issues with 15' I extended the line with an additional 15' of tubing using (2) 1/4" swivel nuts with barb and a two-sided MFL nipple, and am still having foaming issues.

Any advice on what to do next?

Can you see bubbles in the hose right were it connects to the keg while pouring? That's an indication that CO2 is sneaking past your diptube oring into the liquid stream. Lay the keg on its side with the liquid out closer to the floor and see if the foaming goes away.

I looked at the line again, and the bubbles appear pretty much after the metal MFL extender where the line extension starts, so I'm wondering if the friction from the fluid making contact with the metal is what's releasing CO2 from solution. *sigh* I thought the line extension of an additional 15' feet would work, but I guess I'd have to remove the entire line and replace it with a solid 30' tube.

Latest posts

Back