Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibfried

Reaction score
The little lady picked up a couple of Party Pigs for my birthday. Tried them out and they seem to work great. They are easy, small, and very portable. Has anyone else tried any of these little oinkers out? What do you think?

Someone told me that you must use a keg pretty quickly or the beer will go bad or something??? I don't know. I'd like to start kegging one of these days when I can get a hold of a fridge. Is it a worthwile thing? I just hate to bottle - it's the only thing that isn't much fun.

Beer in a keg will go bad fast IF you are pumping air into it, as most people do with commercial kegs. In the party pig, the pressure bladder doesn't expose the brew to air, so no problem. I don't have any party pigs, but Dave at Oregon Trails rents them to people who don't want a 1/4 keg.

I have 3 Party pigs, I've now swittched to Corny kegs though.
When I was using the party pigs, I had NO problem withg carbonation. And they dispensed with no problems. FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURES INSTRUCTIONS!!
If you do that the beer will come out great.
As for length, I Had a Hefe we drank for 2 months, (of course the last few days of the pig we were getting sediment.
If you read the instructions, it say the "Pouch' diplaces the air in the Pig.
Remember, PURGE the system after you Pressurize the pig!
Im other words.........RTFM!!!!!! (READ THE Fing MANUAL)!!

Clayton

Back