Oz Tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
After my old beer fridge carked it and I have a number of Tad bottles waiting. I have moved on to Cider.

So easy so nice. I buy Apple juice unpreserved add 1/4 cup sugar and screw on the appropriate top according if I want a light carbonisation or high like Champagne.

4 days and then into fridge for a couple of days to stop the yeast and clear

Terry

Hey Terry, 4 days? My ciders usually take about a month, but maybe that's because I start from scratch. Still, it doesn't get much easier than cider. Sorry about your fridge. Good luck!:tank:

It is amazing. It is not brewed right out. After 4 days there is still a touch of sweetness. Longer and the Cider is up to 8% alcohol and very dry.

Putting the Cider in the purchased 3 liter bottle in the fridge stops the yeast from chomping on the rest of the sugar content.

I have added sweetner and brewed it right out. That version will knock your socks off. Some I transfer to Cola bottles with the high pressure cap and can come up with a Champagne style. Other mixes also work like Apple and Mango, Apple and Cranberry but not Orange. Pineapple is to sour. I buy the juice from the local supermarkets all unpreserved of course.

Thanks for the condolences on my beer fridge. all that beer ready and no fridge. The wife will not let me near our main one. Obviously she is not a beer drinker, does like the Cider though and those chick style drinks :eek:

Latest posts

Back