oxygen cleaners for a dollar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdug

Reaction score
Was in the dollar tree last night and saw this.

URL]

Of course for $1 you only get 1 lb but that is way cheaper than oxy clean or beer brite

Has anybody used this before?

My wife picked up some at the 99 cent store. It seems the same as the Wally World generic oxyclean. Though, the Wally World version at $1.89, actually comes out cheaper per ounce.

I use the dollar tree stuff, my local wally mart doesnt carry any unscented oxyclean or generic only the scented versions. I have had good luck with the dollar tree stuff, no difference that I can see thus far.

I used that once. The granules are fairly large and since I just used hose water they didn't mix well. It also left a horrible film on everything... The film formed a lot faster than Oxyclean or the Albertsons brand I've used. I didn't feel like this was a worth while purchase. I've got two containers sitting with the other misc products above my washer/dryer.

I've used stuff by Powerclean that was a buck a pop, and as long as I didn't let it soak it was fine. Otherwise I would get a terrible film. So since I bought about $10 worth I just wash my stuff reall well with a washcloth or sponge right away instead of doing any soak.

I've been using the Awesome dollar store brand stuff without any problems at all.

I buy the Sun brand Oxygen cleaner from Dollar General. 6 pounds for 5 dollars. I think they are not going to carry it any more in favor of the high markup on their smaller package of Oxyclean brand. Get it now, if they have it!

I think you need to check your math. That link lists the price at $115.90 for a 50 lb bag. That's $2.32 per pound plus another $27.38 for shipping to where I am for a grand total of $143.28 or $2.87 per pound. I think I'll stick with the dollar store stuff for a buck a pound.

Huh you're right. How'd I screw that up.... :drunk:

Huh you're right. How'd I screw that up.... :drunk:

I was also fairly well lit when I responded. I was about to order 50 lbs at $0.43 per pound. I just knew it was too good to be true. As my grandma used to say, "I've seen worse". :D

Latest posts

Back