oxi clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdwdash

Reaction score
Hi all, so I have searched the forum and have not found anything regarding this topic. I use no perfume, no dye oxi clean to sanitize my equipment. It's tons cheaper than products like star san, does the same thing, and I have had nothing but success. Anyone else concur?

I use oxy clean free also, but it is a cleaner not sanitizer which is I also use star san. It works great for cleaning bottles and carboys, but I have used those 8 dollar bottles or star San to take care of 40 batches so its not that expensive.

At what concentration? Plus then you have to rinse multiple times, do you trust that your tap water is clean without being boiled? I would rather spend 10 or 20 cents in star San and know.

You need both.

A liter of Starsan will last you at least a year. Overall it's pretty cheap. Get a plastic bucket with a lid and you can save it for weeks after you mix it up.

I don't know why everyone wants to sanitize with products that don't say sanitize anywhere on them.

Lots of products don't live up to what they claim, but very few exceed their claims like that.

Oxyclean is a very good cleaner, but you need to use something designed to sanitize after it.

Back