Options for Pin Lock Minifridge as of 2013?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrheinous

Reaction score
Been browsing Craigslist for quite a few weeks looking for 'the one' to convert to a kegerator. Doesn't seem like a good area to try and pick something up for cheap. At that rate, might as well buy new.

I've been trying to find a model that will fit two pin lock kegs. Sanyo 4912 is out, I won't find one.

This seems to leave a series of 4.4 and 4.52 cf fridges in the $140 to $200 price range:

A lot of the build threads I've seen on these fridges refer to "corny kegs" or "ball locks" with no mention of whether or not pin locks will fit.

Which of these fridges can handle two pin lock kegs, even if it means bending a freezer tray or cutting some insulation/doors?

I'm also looking to put the taps in the door, sticking in above the top of kegs. CO2 will be outside of the unit.

Oh, I hadn't considered those. And they just popped up today.

I'd really like to just get a full fridge but the landlord will probably kill me. Minifridge is nice because I could empty it out, throw it in the back of the car, and reassemble it elsewhere (parties; at the folks for holiday).

This seems like this will fit two 9" pin locks side by side. $150 after $10 Danby rebate (good until this Sunday) and a $25 energy efficiency rebate from the electric company.
http://www.hhgregg.com/danby-4-4-cu...frigerator/item/DAR125SLDD#reviewFocusTarget1

I bought a keggerator and just swapped out the tower for a double tower. It fits 2 ball lock kegs no problem. I'm not sure if the pin lock kegs are taller than ball lock kegs. If you can find a kegerator on craigslist for cheap, I think most will fit 2, 5 gal kegs no problem. Just take a few measurements first. Plus it will come with a CO2 tank. You'll need to buy a distributor, couple hoses, and pin lock connections to make it work with your kegs though. Those keggerators are setup for commercial kegs.

Arrheinous, did that end up working out for you? I live in Columbus and I have probably been searching the same craiglists ads looking to score a compact fridge that will fit 2 pin-locks, but I haven't found one yet.

I'd love to know if you ending up getting this Danby 4.4 from hhgreg and if you got 2 pin-locks to fit inside.

Thanks and good luck on your hunt man!

Oh, I hadn't considered those. And they just popped up today.

I'd really like to just get a full fridge but the landlord will probably kill me. Minifridge is nice because I could empty it out, throw it in the back of the car, and reassemble it elsewhere (parties; at the folks for holiday).

This seems like this will fit two 9" pin locks side by side. $150 after $10 Danby rebate (good until this Sunday) and a $25 energy efficiency rebate from the electric company.
http://www.hhgregg.com/danby-4-4-cu...frigerator/item/DAR125SLDD#reviewFocusTarget1

I can verify that 2 pin-locks will fit in the Danby DAR125SLDD (It looks like it is basically the same as the DAR440). They are a tight fit and you do have to trim the bottom shelf supports and remove the door panel but they do fit.

Back