3.2 cu ft Kegerator for 2x 3 Gallon Cornies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docod44

Reaction score
Hi all,

My SO has always been on board with me getting a kegerator but we own a 2BR city apartment with space being the primary issue. I brew 2.5-3 gallon batches since I'm the only one who drinks between the two of us (2.5 gallons lasts me 8-12 weeks). Money is no problem and with space being the biggest issue, I want to build a kegerator with 2 through-the-door taps and have room inside for two 3 gallon cornies, a 5# CO2 tank, and possibly room for bottles/cans and other cold storage supplies. There is a corner of our kitchen that would work, but anything larger than 20" x 20" would block passage around one side of our island. A 4.4 cu ft Danby that is just a little wider than 20" may be okay but I would like to keep it smaller if possible. For a sanity check, this fridge looks like it would meet my requirements if I were to get two of these kegs. I can't do a keezer, the basement is three flights away, but I could possibly find another spacious spot in another room.

Edit: the porch is also a viable option (just off of the kitchen) but I'm worried about how the kegerator would function in New England Summers and Winters.

Latest posts

Back