Best mini fridge for 2-cornie kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napx

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked in years prior but I'm wondering if the Danby DAR044 is still pretty much the best option for a small mini fridge kegerator conversion to fit two cornies kegs (and a 5lb co2 tank ofc)? I've read a few different threads that seem to indicate that the plastic shelf supports might need to be cut out in newer variants, which I'd rather not do. I don't mind modifying the door though...

I'm working with a space at the bottom of my pantry where there are shelves above so unfortunately a keezer isn't a great fit, but I have about a 24" wide 34" high opening with plenty of depth. I just tried a cheap hisense fridge from lowes (see other thread if curious) but it was about an inch or two too narrow to fit two skinny ball lock kegs.

I've seen a few other people in the threads from previous years mention other fridges without freezers from various brands (rca, sanyo) but none of those appear to be manufactured any longer.

If anyone has a recently purchased danby who can weigh in, I'd be super appreciative. I can't find one locally so I'd have to order it and it'd be a bummer to have to return it. Or if you have another suggestion I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back