opened the first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhouse

Reaction score
I think I am hooked. Opened my first beer tonight and it tastes great. I brewed the Coopers can bitter. The can kit was easy and I learned a lot by starting out with the can. I am going to order a kit next week and start on the next brew. I want to try and make the first batch last so I can see how it changes over time. I have been told the beer will taste even better if I give it 2 more weeks in the bottle. I have found I need a secondary. A secondary will allow me to have beer fermenting while I am brewing more.....what a thought no wait time. I think the best investment I made with my first batch was a bottling bucket any thoughts? Thanks to everyone on the forum this place is great:mug:

Congrats! sounds like you are hooked. The best investment will be like 12 more carboys man. Youre only getting started dude. Ive bought like 5 carboys/fermenter s in the last month. Just tryin to make anything wiht alc. in it. My first batch of wine is fermenting right now.

Have fun and remember three things:

A) Set your beer aside to "grow", you'll enjoy it more.
2) Always prepare your next recipe, it will help you with the first item
D) Brew early...brew often...

Latest posts

Back