Ontario/Canada Bulk Hops Purchase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayMeister

Reaction score
We spoke about a possible group purchase of hops when we met for the bulk grain purchase over the weekend. I just got off the phone with Scott Labs. We can purchase in the $22 to $38 per pound range in quantities of 11 pounds. This is $1.38 to $2.48 per oz. Probably a good deal if we could get 10 or 11 people together and agree on a couple of variety's. Shipping using Can Post a couple of pounds in ON would be $8.97 or to NL $15.12

They are out of Cascade, but have at least Fuggles, Saaz, Haulertau, Northern Brewer and Mount Hood. I can call back for others. All are 2007 harvest.

Brad had expressed interest.

Paul

I am interested as well...too bad they don't have cascade.
One other thing I would be interested in is the Nottingham yeast bulk purchase.
When I was down at Brewtime with Brad my eyes kind of lit up when I saw the 500gm brick

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Maybe we should shut this thread down before it gets too far. Can a Mod lock it please?

I just found a better source for Hops in Canada. Paid an average of $2/oz for 2008 crop Hallertau, Fuggles, Cascade, Centennial, Gouldings and Magnum. Shipping cost was very reasonable. PM me if you want more info - I have no financial or other interest in the source.

Paul

Back