OK- Who believes in UFO's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an episode of X Files where a Stephen Hawking type character noted that it is highly unlikely that we will be visited by little green men... BEFORE we are visited by unmanned probes.

well, i still want to go to endor, and those stupid ewoks thought c3po was a god. I also went to the jersey shore once, so i don't think your negative tourism campaign holds salt! if anything, we will attract the jane goodall types...

You went to Jersey shore........

Oh hell.....so we will be visited by the criminally insane aliens first?......

;)

There was an episode of X Files where a Stephen Hawking type character noted that it is highly unlikely that we will be visited by little green men... BEFORE we are visited by unmanned probes.

unmanned probes are the most hetero probes of all

Here is part 1 of a 2 part video where you will hear from credible eye-witnesses of extraterrestrial craft.

The witnesses are professionals from military and aerospace. I suggest listening to them, making note of their credentials, before making up your own mind.

Edgar Mitchell was not the only astronaut who has come forward with information about ET craft. A couple of other names you might have heard would include Gordon Cooper (one of the original Mercury 7) and Buzz Aldrin (2nd man to walk on the Moon)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not saying that UFO's don't exist, I just think that earth is a crap hole and no one would want to visit here.

I am not saying that UFO's don't exist, I just think that earth is a crap hole and no one would want to visit here.

yea because mars is so nice right? a crap hole? so being 75% water planet with ****loads of life in every nook and cranny makes us a crap hole planet.. right... ever think, that just maybe our planet is one of the best? i've seen no evidence it isn't.. and these "spaceships" would need some type of fuel. be it water, dirt?, **** maybe even diamonds or gold.... i don't see this world as a planet.. i see see it as a kick ass rock spaceship flying through space at kick ass speeds!!

i've also seen the common red green blue yellow thing that takes off in a split second BTW

Edgar Mitchell was not the only astronaut who has come forward with information about ET craft. A couple of other names you might have heard would include Gordon Cooper (one of the original Mercury 7) and Buzz Aldrin (2nd man to walk on the Moon)

You mean the buzz aldrin who said that his statements were edited for purpose for a documentary and that he was 99.9% sure he didn't see anything extraterretrial? Or the buzz aldrin who says that his interview with science channel was take out of context and that he was NOT claiming to have seen extraterrestrial craft? That buzz aldrin? :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Aldrin#UFO_claims

You mean the buzz aldrin who said that his statements were edited for purpose for a documentary and that he was 99.9% sure he didn't see anything extraterretrial? Or the buzz aldrin who says that his interview with science channel was take out of context and that he was NOT claiming to have seen extraterrestrial craft? That buzz aldrin? :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Aldrin#UFO_claims

"Those people" must have gone after him with threats to his family :D

Given the infinite nature of space, it's impossible that there is no other life, in fact there have to be an infinite number of other planets like this one and an infinite number of species that inhabit them.

Given the infinite nature of space, it's impossible that there is no other life, in fact there have to be an infinite number of other planets like this one and an infinite number of species that inhabit them.

if that's true, then we would never be able to find parking spaces.

yea because mars is so nice right? a crap hole? so being 75% water planet with ****loads of life in every nook and cranny makes us a crap hole planet.. right... ever think, that just maybe our planet is one of the best? i've seen no evidence it isn't.. and these "spaceships" would need some type of fuel. be it water, dirt?, **** maybe even diamonds or gold.... i don't see this world as a planet.. i see see it as a kick ass rock spaceship flying through space at kick ass speeds!!

i've also seen the common red green blue yellow thing that takes off in a split second BTW

Yeha man !!! EARTH RULES!!!

No!!! Jerry Springer, the prevalance of country music, and the fact that every other habitable planet there is populated with hot naked women makes this place pretty god damned lame, and it is UNAMERICAN for you to disagee.

Are you unpatriotic??????Do you not like naked women????

No!!! Jerry Springer, the prevalance of country music, and the fact that every other habitable planet there is populated with hot naked women makes this place pretty god damned lame, and it is UNAMERICAN for you to disagee.

Are you unpatriotic??????

No, just Canadian lol

Here is a good listen...

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely believe in life on other planets. However I think if said life had technology advanced enough to develop interstellar travel (so faster than light) they probably have better things to do than lurk around Earth occasionally raiding cattle, or anally probing folks in the South. You'd think that if a civilization was that advanced, they'd either come here and conquer us, or at the very least give us a good kick up the backside for screwing up our planet?

If human's developed technology that could get to a planet with intelligent life, I wonder if we would land immediately and meet them or observe from afar for awhile collecting data.

I actually disagree with George Carlin on the idea that the Intergallactic Council would be none too fond of us and how we treat each other.

Its like the argument that if women were in charge the world would be better. Sure, some things would be, other things wouldnt be. I bet if there are folks on Alpha Centauri's moon they're just as screwed up as we are, just in a different way.

I believe in UFO's I just don't believe in alien's in the sense that most people do. I believe UFO's are generally either government experiments or spiritual disturbances in our plane of existence. Energy signatures of metaphysical beings.

Aliens as we construe them I believe could exist and possibly do, but I think we think too small and they have dimensions of their own. This universe isn't as big as we think it is, everything is relative. If it could be quantified, parallel and parallax universes being equally as big in an interconnected energy feeding system in order to supplement the string vibrations running through them, seemingly making the universe a non-closed system at odds with Newtonian physics, because we are too tiny and idiotic to conceive anything with truth if it doesn't fit within an acceptable framework.

If human's developed technology that could get to a planet with intelligent life, I wonder if we would land immediately and meet them or observe from afar for awhile collecting data.

If we look to how europeans handled their arrival in the americas, that would point to an immediate landing and relatively rapid attempt to take over. ;)

If we look to how europeans handled their arrival in the americas, that would point to an immediate landing and relatively rapid attempt to take over. ;)

I think that's pretty much world history.

Every time someone discovers anything, any culture in the world, generally the first word said is: "Mine".

Now that we have space travel to some level of competence, unmanned drones are the latest thing. Even some police stations have them.

Unmanned makes the most sense, or that they are scanning us from afar.

I actually disagree with George Carlin on the idea that the Intergallactic Council would be none too fond of us and how we treat each other.

Its like the argument that if women were in charge the world would be better. Sure, some things would be, other things wouldnt be. I bet if there are folks on Alpha Centauri's moon they're just as screwed up as we are, just in a different way.

i heard on AC they put shirvels in their snasters while someone sucks on their lemtar

am i the only one who thinks it's more likely that aliens are archeologists from the future? It seems like time travel would be easier, because if it happens at any point in the future, it can happen now. Without FTL speeds, it might take a real long time for the trip here, just to probe our asses.

I think that's pretty much world history.

Every time someone discovers anything, any culture in the world, generally the first word said is: "Mine".

I concur. I only picked the example of the americas because it was a far off distant place whose discovery was made possible by the improving means of transportation and represented an abrupt introduction to a totally different culture, so it seemed particularly applicable.

1st did no one watch the link I posted?

2nd has anyone seen the movie "Paul" ?

Even if you had the most state of the art "probe" how much can you learn from anal probing any other creature on our planet??? I am going to stab in the dark and say "not all that much".

I get that this is in the DR&MM section but really? anal jokes is what a semi-intelligent thread has devolved to???

I believe the entire reason that an alien species has NOT made contact with us is because after the 1st 10 minutes of introductions there would be some crazed foolish male that would run naked at said alien trying to be the 1st human to have sex with an alien species. This is why they abduct the most unbelievable,unintelligent, redneck of humans and "probe" them because they got us 1st...

zamial is funny!

intentionally not watching your link.......

:)

ok. watched it with the sound down.....very sucky video with no movement whatsoever.

zamial is funny!

intentionally not watching your link.......

:)

ok. watched it with the sound down.....very sucky video with no movement whatsoever.

Thanks Cheezy if there was any sort of mild spite it would be named after you.

:mug:

If an "alien" landed on this planet and said he seeded life on this planet several times over the last millions of years (sea life, dinosaurs, mammals), and he called himself God...

... would our government worship him, relinquish power to him, or shoot him.

I wish I didn't find this thread... there is so much to talk about with this topic!

Yes I believe
Yes I have witnessed at least one thing inexplicable to anything known to us
Yes I am willing to entertain most theories about how long, why, where, how, who knows, true intentions.... etc etc etc....
No I have not read any farther than the first post
Yes I am drunk

When I am not drinking I might have something relevant to add

Back