Official 2009 Pay it Forward Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this wine bottle opener has been sitting in my closet since being replaced on my bar by a 6 bottle liquor-dispenser-spinny-thing:

DSCF1822-1.jpg

I never did much with it, it got mothballed after getting one of those rabbit openers.

Wow!! Thats a hell of a deal for someone! :rockin:

I sent rice hulls to:
doggage
Bokonon
Wayne1
whutever
ThreeTaps

B

BC, yes you did and paid a boat load for shipping. PM me your address and I'll gladly reimburse you 1/2 the shipping cost for what you sent me. I was going to contribute to your membership but found you to be a Lifetime Supporter. $8.99 shipping for a pound to me was above and beyond in my opinion!

I am still amazed at the speed BrewRI had on that response to the table top wine opener, unless it falls through it goes to him! my post has been edited..

I just saw that we are preferably supposed to get only one thing off this thread. Sorry! If it's any consolation to those I've beat out for stuffs, I do intend on posting more of my own here in the future. I'd thought that the idea was to give away stuff and get stuff without any limits per se. Should have read the OP more carefully. :(

Not just the OP- I said it at least 2-3 times, even commenting that I only took one item even though I'm online all of the time and could have vultured the stuff all up.

We asked people to allow others to participate, too, and only take one item per person. The spirit of the thread is to share unneeded item with another person, and not to get a big case of the "gimmees". I'll be closing the thread soon, since I've had some complaints about the way it is going this year.

Not just the OP- I said it at least 2-3 times, even commenting that I only took one item even though I'm online all of the time and could have vultured the stuff all up.

We asked people to allow others to participate, too, and only take one item per person. The spirit of the thread is to share unneeded item with another person, and not to get a big case of the "gimmees". I'll be closing the thread soon, since I've had some complaints about the way it is going this year.

That's a shame.

I've been watching this thread in earnest and have had chances to take several items, but have held off just because I don't genuinely need them. Granted, I think I've finally gotten all of my equipment and since I haven't even brewed my first batch, I'm not sure what I'll need. Still, I'll know it when I see it. :)

Too bad if this thread has to be closed. I know as a new brewer I really appreciated the help I got threw this. In the future when I have extra supplies I hope to do my part to give a new brewer a leg up. As I believe that is the point of this thread. I hope I approached this correctly as I thought of it as pay it forward and not a trade/swap.

ya its a shame people have complained,
I know the feeling on missing out on getting something. It is like people live on this forum and you know they have been brewing for a super long time by there knowledge and even by the lifetime supporter words on there name.

I would like to say also, To the people that have donatated to this thread......
No matter if you just barely have started out, or if you had been brewing for 10+ years, Without you and your generosity this would have never been possible.

Still shows people are willing to help a perfect stranger at times.........

Not much to offer,but I have a wingcapper and bottle washer both used once before upgrading.
first pm gets em.

100_1394.JPG

washer went to PrimeInquisitor
capper goes to bschindl

I have a 2oz bottle of Raspberry flavoring. I got it with a AHS kit quite a while ago and opted not to use it. It still looks good though. First PM gets it. Cheers!

EDIT: Gone to HossTheGreat

I have a 2oz bottle of Raspberry flavoring. I got it with a AHS kit quite a while ago and opted not to use it. It still looks good though. First PM gets it. Cheers!

Eh, I'll give it a shot if still available. PM sent. Thanks!

damn, EVERYTHING goes really fast. ive checked this thread a million times and every time everything is called for instantly

I mentioned the OP because that's where I eventually saw the rules, after which I unsubscribed from the thread and have not tried to claim anything. I claimed several things but I also have given away several (Corny Posts to BurkedUp, Love Temp Probe to luvmy40, stir bar to nealf, mesh ball to rking) and intend to do more. I thought that was the idea of the thread and didn't see the rule.

Used condoms excepted.

Ok. I've been drinking my homebrew. I admit it.

I have a 0-160 psi gauge that someone can have. I removed this from my regulator and replaced it with one with a smaller range.

I'm not sure if anyone would really have a use for it, maybe for a regulator that is used for soda.

I'll dig around and see what other stuff I have laying around and post some more later

Edit: gauge going to DBbrewing

I have a 0-160 psi gauge that someone can have. I removed this from my regulator and replaced it with one with a smaller range.

I'm not sure if anyone would really have a use for it, maybe for a regulator that is used for soda.

I'll dig around and see what other stuff I have laying around and post some more later

I will take it.

Up for grabs, 2 sticks of 512 mb RAM DDRII PC2 4200

Edit:

Also - External enclosure for 2.5" SATA hard drive. USB2 transfer, copper color, comes with case NIB. Taken by red999

4 oz Heavy Toast American oak chips gone to mordantly

directron_2079_104855012.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back