Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one idiot I can think of with an ego big enough to cost his team a championship to make a point

America needs more guys like Billy B. Guys who will stand up to guys acting like azzholes, dope slap them and say “You want to act like a putz? Sit da fuq down. If you’re not committed enough to do what we ask you to do than we don’t want you, even if we need you.”

God bless America! Bless Billy B!
Stand behind him, and guide him,
As he dope slaps the punks on the team.

America needs more guys like Billy B. Guys who will stand up to guys acting like azzholes, dope slap them and say “You want to act like a putz? Sit da fuq down. If you’re not committed enough to do what we ask you to do than we don’t want you, even if we need you.”

God bless America! Bless Billy B!
Stand behind him, and guide him,
As he dope slaps the punks on the team.

Sorry... YOU’RE worse than Moto

Anyone who honestly believes, for a split second, that someone who is widely regarded as one of the best coaches in all of sport.... intentionally jeopardized a chance at winning another Super Bowl, and wasting the efforts of his entire team over the course of the whole season... out of spite... or to “prove a point”... please... PLEASE... if you believe that... put your electronic device down, go out to your garage or shed, grab a shovel, and repeatedly beat yourself in the forehead... until you die... because you’re too stupid to deserve to take up anymore resources other humans need.

I don't think there was a split second decision. There was talk about issues when they were looking to trade him to NO. I think there's a long story here. Some onfield some off. I think they have a mutual agreement until he moves on. Then the dirt starts to fly. Then again. Where's the shovel?

They don’t have a lot of confidence in him, period. If they did, they would have paid him instead of bringing in Gilmore. They gave Gilmore a pile of money and didn’t give Butler a dime, knowing full-well he was gone at the end of this season.

Eric Rowe was hurt for almost the whole season with a torn groin. He’s finally healthy, matched up better with Jeffries given his size, Butler was sick and had a shtty week of practice, which counts for a ton in that organization.

Was Butler was supposed to get at least a few snaps and when he missed a curfew those evaporated? Even that I seriously doubt if Belichick thought Butler was the better option... again... him punishing his entire team over him “being mad at Butler” for something is insane.

... and “oh it’s Belichick’s ego!” Is even more stupid

They don’t have a lot of confidence in him, period. If they did, they would have paid him instead of bringing in Gilmore. They gave Gilmore a pile of money and didn’t give Butler a dime, knowing full-well he was gone at the end of this season.

Eric Rowe was hurt for almost the whole season with a torn groin. He’s finally healthy, matched up better with Jeffries given his size, Butler was sick and had a shtty week of practice, which counts for a ton in that organization.

Was Butler was supposed to get at least a few snaps and when he missed a curfew those evaporated? Even that I seriously doubt if Belichick thought Butler was the better option... again... him punishing his entire team over him “being mad at Butler” for something is insane.

... and “oh it’s Belichick’s ego!” Is even more stupid

tl;dr

Anyone who honestly believes, for a split second, that someone who is widely regarded as one of the best coaches in all of sport.... intentionally jeopardized a chance at winning another Super Bowl, and wasting the efforts of his entire team over the course of the whole season... out of spite... or to “prove a point”... please... PLEASE... if you believe that... put your electronic device down, go out to your garage or shed, grab a shovel, and repeatedly beat yourself in the forehead... until you die... because you’re too stupid to deserve to take up anymore resources other humans need.

Triggered! Easy...

I actually did read some fake/real (who knows) that there was a significant incidence in Minneapolis of some sort.

That makes sense.

It doesn’t make sense to bench a guy who’s played an ungodly amount of snaps because of some matchup analysis. The secondary unit that brought em there was totally disrupted.

Triggered! Easy...

I actually did read some fake/real (who knows) that there was a significant incidence in Minneapolis of some sort.

That makes sense.

It doesn’t make sense to bench a guy who’s played an ungodly amount of snaps because of some matchup analysis. The secondary unit that brought em there was totally disrupted.

The patriots secondary sucked all year. But it's easy to look like the '85 Bears when you're playing against AFC offenses all of the time.

I was thinking to myself, what a genius play...Throw the ball to the quarterback. I never even thought of that. HUZZAH!!! Then Tom dropped it. You know, it was just like that scene with Robin Williams in that one movie, Best of Times, I think. He dropped THAT DAMN BALL. What a bummer.

Seriously though, I've been watching Tom vs. Time and so I see why Patriots fans are somewhat obsessed with this guy. He's likable, neurotic in a fun way, has an infectious laugh, nice house, trophy wife, cool toys, and so on. But I kinda want to say, "life is not all about football buddy, your supermodel wife will not always look so good, your kids will grow less adorable, and life is and will be monotony, pain, sorrow, and hell." I guess I expected more of a serious meditation on time. Feel like it could be more truthy, a little less American. Taking football away will be child's play.

Oh sorry, fellas. Is it hard to follow? I'll try to translate:

That show bad. Tom's problems seem small in comparison to real life. time is a big mean boogie man (lack of capital letter and punctuation intended)

Point taken, but I think you mean "hypocrisy" not "irony". Anyway, I was saying that it's actually a good thing. I'm also better than that other guy. I put something on the line at least and did my penance for the loss. I dare say, I earned a bit of mettle. The other guy just says stuff without putting anything on the goddamn line.

Last edited:
You actually mean to use the word "irony" in your post, or that I'm not any better than the other guy? (You may not want to choose the hard road here).

The only thing ironic around here is all the uses of the word "ironic" to describe things that are not ironic by people who think they know what it means, or the blatant lack of punctuation and sentence structure by people who are trying to use words to wound others.

The only thing ironic around here is all the uses of the word "ironic" to describe things that are not ironic by people who think they know what it means, or the blatant lack of punctuation and sentence structure by people who are trying to use words to wound others.

Your not to smart are you?

Latest posts

Back