Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great game. If you’d been up here Cape I’d give you a hug.

Agree you guys got nothing to hang head over. Except for next year when it falls all apart

Helluva game.

And yeah, Foles looked great. He had 373 yards, 3 tds and a pick

505 and 3. Got NO help from his D.

Eagles deserved it 100%. Pats lines have been suspect for the last two years and they couldn’t tip the scales in the Pats favor.

Meh... what can Pats fans really complain about?

Brady was 0-1 on targets and foles had one catch for a TD, don’t forget that.

Plus Foles may be the starting QB for the patriots next year...

Great game. If you’d been up here Cape I’d give you a hug.

Agree you guys got nothing to hang head over. Except for next year when it falls all apart

[emoji482]

Can’t even argue. All I can do is know that I was a season ticket holder and only missed 3 games (all reg season) during that entire run... including being in “those” end zones for both Seattle and Atlanta wins. It was arguably the greatest run in NFL history... hell... I dunno how you beat 8 super bowls in 17 years... i got to watch the greatest player in league history (c’mon... it’s not even a debate)... for 16 seasons.

Not going to lose any sleep tonight. Can’t possibly ask for more and a tiny sliver of me is happy for Philly... never won before... it’s a cool thing for them to now have.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans, hopefully their city survives the winning experience.

With that out of the way...

That was pretty much a no-show performance by the Patriots defense. Just awful.
Love to know why Butler wasn't playing, seems like this was his type of game to make some plays.
Yet the Patriots still had plenty of room to win the game and could have made the last possession moot.

Ah well...

Fortunately, being an elite sports city, we have the hot Celtics and equally hot Bruins, and pitchers and catchers report February 14.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans, hopefully their city survives the winning experience.

With that out of the way...

That was pretty much a no-show performance by the Patriots defense. Just awful.
Love to know why Butler wasn't playing, seems like this was his type of game to make some plays.
Yet the Patriots still had plenty of room to win the game and could have made the last possession moot.

Ah well...

Fortunately, being an elite sports city, we have the hot Celtics and equally hot Bruins, and pitchers and catchers report February 14.

Lame.

Plus I’m surprised you’re able to be up so late, so good for you!

Lame? Moi? Seemed like a succinct and honest assessment.
And GFY, I'm usually awake while the rest of the world has cashed in for the night...

Nice edit - ethics clearly aren't your strong suit.
And, really?

1000x380-20170609-rings-header.jpg

Yeah, nothing to see there...

I just want to know if Malcolm Butler would have been the difference in this game. Playing special teams, but not defense? What was that?

Only complaint I have is that stupid strip sack fumble. I was thinking, oh man here we go...He has enough time here to pull something off here...It's going to be the Brady show... And then, THAT. What a let down.

^ Hilarious

Did anyone else notice the drop in quality from Al and Chris? It was clear they both had money on New England like the rest of the world. They normally do a much better job disguising such things.

New England is 5-5 in Super Bowls...pretty damn meh if you ask anyone outside of NE.

Last edited:
Malcolm Butler not playing is almost as bizarre as Belichick's purple cut-off sweatshirt. He must of done something pretty bad.

you're the worst....you don't say a damn word for months and then come in here to gloat when the Pats lose. You're worse than them

All the info isn’t yet in, but it looks like New England held Butler out to their own detriment because he was not acting like a Patriot. Pretty ballsy move. Probably lost because of it. Knowing he would be gone after the season, how many coaches make that call?

The Twitterverse is buzzing with it. Hopefully, it's constructive to Malcolm in the long run. He always seemed to take the high road and be a hard worker. Hopefully, the peripheral stuff will go away.

EDIT:
And what about all the other horrible news that happened to other players yesterday? I feel for those families

All the info isn’t yet in, but it looks like New England held Butler out to their own detriment because he was not acting like a Patriot. Pretty ballsy move. Probably lost because of it. Knowing he would be gone after the season, how many coaches make that call?

Only one idiot I can think of with an ego big enough to cost his team a championship to make a point

Latest posts

Back