Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so effing sick and damn tired of hearing about that. Who gives a rat's ass! If even one single person was still with the franchise from any of them it might mean even a tiny bit, but no. Not a single person. ****! Most of the guys that are on the team weren't even alive for most of them. That is just as bad as the GB fans bringing up all of their "championships."

Are you saying you want the same team to win all the championships. WTF is wrong with you?

I gotta say, I am impressed. That is very possibly the stupidest thing anyone has said yet in this thread, and with moto and hoppy here that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Do facts upset you?

This Niners team has a much better offense and defense. THe only advantage the Ravens have is special teams. Going into the playoffs the biggest question was Justin Smith's health, now that he's got 2 games under his belt and another week, he could be back to full health.

We'll ignore opponent adjusted stats and advanced metrics.

Baltimore scored 25.7 points per game and let up 21.1

San Fran scored 26.1 PPG and let up 18.2

In the simplest of metrics, the 49ers score more points and give up less points. 49ers since Kaepernick took over as starter they are at 28.6 PPG. Niners are one of the best teams in the NFL. They scored more points and let up more points playing in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and playing in the NFC which is infinitely tougher than the AFC this year. Baltimore deserves props if they can pull off the upset and win, but just like NE and Denver, if San Fran loses, epic choke.

This is why they play the game.....stats don't mean $hit......what matters is what happens on the field on Feb 3rd.....

But the stats show why it would be a fail if the Niners lost. Ravens could win, and if they win they earned this win by beating at worst 3 of the 4 best teams in the NFL. The old adage "Any give Sunday..." is true in football. Niners afterall threw up some eggs during the season, they went 0-1-1 vs the lowly Rams, scored only 3 points against a mediocre at best Giants D but also did some awesome things as well.

But if the Niners lose, it's a massive choke.

But the stats show why it would be a fail if the Niners lost. Ravens could win, and if they win they earned this win by beating at worst 3 of the 4 best teams in the NFL. The old adage "Any give Sunday..." is true in football. Niners afterall threw up some eggs during the season, they went 0-1-1 vs the lowly Rams, scored only 3 points against a mediocre at best Giants D but also did some awesome things as well.

But if the Niners lose, it's a massive choke.

Can not compare with the Rams; I believe the Rams are actually a better team than the Ravens. 49s come from a strong division (at least this year they are strong). Seattle beat NE and 49s beat Seattle at home. The only way 49s lose is if their young quarterback chokes.

Oh, Seattle did not lose by more than 7 points all year with a rookie quarterback and lost to the Rams also.

Can anyone really quote what Shannon says? Must take a specially trained ear I guess. Glad he does his talking head thing for the AFC...

Shannon Sharp = Mush Mouth

dumb_donald-300x224.jpg

Can not compare with the Rams; I believe the Rams are actually a better team than the Ravens. 49s come from a strong division (at least this year they are strong). Seattle beat NE and 49s beat Seattle at home. The only way 49s lose is if their young quarterback chokes.

Oh, Seattle did not lose by more than 7 points all year with a rookie quarterback and lost to the Rams also.

Sorry sjohn, but the 9ers lost 42 to 13 at Seattle in an epic week 16 fail

sjohnv3 said:

Hey if you are going to talk S get your facts right.

The Rams D was better than the Ravens (though I think with Lewis in there the Ravens D is maybe on par with the Rams, maybe) Ravens offense and special teams are much better. Rams are a good but not great team. And Seattle lost to the Rams because Seattle stinks on the road. Don't know why they do but they do.

Ravens are a great team, they certainly belong in the Super Bowl. But they're not as great as the 49ers. 49ers losing would be a massive choke.

... and, it now appears that the Patriots have solved their weakness at the safety position.

"Yeah, oh yeah, man, I could definitely play for Coach Belichick," said [Ed] Reed, who is an unrestricted free agent in March. "He is a great coach. I'm sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach, so if I'm ever able to be around him, just like I was at the Pro Bowl, it's huge."

I speculated two weeks ago that Reed could find a new home in New England next season. A couple of years ago, Tom Brady joked that Belichick wanted to adopt Ed Reed and change his name to "Ed Belichick."

Now it appears that Reed is taking fashion tips from Belichick. I couldn't make this next quote up if I tried.

"It's the reason why I wear my sweater cut off a little bit," Reed said. "He's the first guy I saw like, 'That's cool.' You know, that's cool. He cuts those sweater sleeves, and he'll be comfortable. So there's a reason why. Most people will tell you around the facility that's how I look. It's just a blessing to even have met, to know Coach Belichick."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...83/reed-i-could-definitely-play-for-belichick

The Rams lost this year to Miami and the NY Jets...the JETS!!! As a Jets fan, I can tell you that our team was god awful this year and will continue to be next year. There's no excuse to losing to us by allowing Sanchez to go 15 for 20 with 0 picks (A defense that can't force a Sanchez pick???). The Rams are a nice rebuilding team and made excellent progress this year, and BTW are looking nice for next season, but the Ravens would absolutely destroy the Rams. The Rams were destroyed by NE 45-7; seriously look what Baltimore just did to NE in AFC conference game.

Sorry for the double post but the Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith trade rumors I'm hearing are making me want to pound my head against my desk. You'll trade arguably the best corner for a career underachiever to replace Sanchez? I know Smith has become very efficient and reduced his turnovers but come on man....

Sorry for the double post but the Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith trade rumors I'm hearing are making me want to pound my head against my desk. You'll trade arguably the best corner for a career underachiever to replace Sanchez? I know Smith has become very efficient and reduced his turnovers but come on man....

It's the jets. What don't you understand?

I love this rumor...

Anyone who thinks the Jets are going to trade ANYTHING for Alex Smith is smoking crack and doesn't have a basic understanding of this little thing called the salary cap.

The New York Jets are in one of the worst salary cap situations in the league... and that's BEFORE you consider that the Sanchize, sittin' on the effin bench is going to take up, at least $13.9MM of the cap next year.

They only have 40 players signed for next year and are effin $18MM over the cap... ALREADY.

And they're going to sign Alex Smith!?!?!?! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

That's awesome!!! With WHAT??? Monopoly money???

They HAVE to trade Revis and they have to trade him for draft picks. That team is going to royally suck for AT LEAST two years given the cap situation and given that same cap situation, there is no way in hell they're going to sign Revis next year when he becomes a free agent.

So the options are:
1) rebuild from the ground up, within the confines of a HORRIBLE cap situation given Sanchez as quickly as possible and trade Revis in order to do that even quicker

or:

2) Hold on to Revis, have him be a great player on a horrible team and then lose him next year anyway.

And on Sanchez... he ain't going ANYWHERE. Only ways the Jets can get rid of him is cut him (and then his cap hit for 2013 goes up to around $18MM) or trade him... and if you trade him, the other team needs to take on his entire contract or the Jets are taking the cap hit anyway.... and tell me what team is taking Sanchez.

signing Alex Smith.... that's hilarious.

If they cut Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Jason Smith and Eric Smith that would put them $12 million UNDER the cap... and that leaves them with 36 players on a 52 man roster...

So you've got $12MM to sign 16 players... and one of them is gonna be Alex Smith??!?!?!?!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

I love this rumor...

Anyone who thinks the Jets are going to trade ANYTHING for Alex Smith is smoking crack and doesn't have a basic understanding of this little thing called the salary cap.

The New York Jets are in one of the worst salary cap situations in the league... and that's BEFORE you consider that the Sanchize, sittin' on the effin bench is going to take up, at least $13.9MM of the cap next year.

They only have 40 players signed for next year and are effin $18MM over the cap... ALREADY.

And they're going to sign Alex Smith!?!?!?! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

That's awesome!!! With WHAT??? Monopoly money???

They HAVE to trade Revis and they have to trade him for draft picks. That team is going to royally suck for AT LEAST two years given the cap situation and given that same cap situation, there is no way in hell they're going to sign Revis next year when he becomes a free agent.

So the options are:
1) rebuild from the ground up, within the confines of a HORRIBLE cap situation given Sanchez as quickly as possible and trade Revis in order to do that even quicker

or:

2) Hold on to Revis, have him be a great player on a horrible team and then lose him next year anyway.

And on Sanchez... he ain't going ANYWHERE. Only ways the Jets can get rid of him is cut him (and then his cap hit for 2013 goes up to around $18MM) or trade him... and if you trade him, the other team needs to take on his entire contract or the Jets are taking the cap hit anyway.... and tell me what team is taking Sanchez.

signing Alex Smith.... that's hilarious.

Cape - I suspect any trade of Revis is not based on receiving equal value but avoiding a contract extension that the Jets cannot afford and ending yet another distraction/publicity nightmare. Revis is also damaged goods coming off of a torn ACL. Some team out there with awful cornerback play is going to jump at the chance to get him - I just don't want it to be for Alex Smith. the difference in their salaries is only $2.5 million so it's a trade that on paper could work.

However, Tannenbaum epically F*!#ed us with his recent contracts - the most egregious being Sanchez's undeserved, unwarranted extension.

We're going to be awful for the next two years minimum. Maybe Sanchez can pull it together like Alex Smith did over the last couple years but I doubt it. It'll be another long two years of watching Brady and the Pats beat the @!&$ out of us twice a year. I'm trying to be a Panther's fan, but they're almost as bad - plus I hate, HATE Cam Newton's antics including his towel over the head during games.

Well, the point is that they can't trade Revis and receive back an equally-high contract, the whole reason to trade Revis in the first place is to empty out that salary slot. Alex Smith *might* agree to restructure his deal for the opportunity to start in New York - but that's the kind of stuff that's gotten NY into so much cap trouble. Fundamentally, they just can't pay Smith anything close to market value, not when Sanchez is still around on his fully-guaranteed deal. They just can't have that much money tied up into the QB spot.

Differences in salaries doesn't translate into differences in salary cap.

Regardless... given what a nightmare the cap situation is... I can't fathom a situation where the Jets ADD to their "QB salary cap" by bringing in a big name QB. According to what I've seen, Alex Smith is the highest cap hit on the 49'rs roster at $9.75MM. Take Sanchez's $13.9MM and you're going to ADD almost $10MM to that??? Really??? So Jets fans actually think they're going to sink $24MM in cap space to their QBs??? While then only having $10MM to sign 15 more guys... just to fill out their starting day roster??

PLEASE DO... I'm BEGGING you as a Pats fan to go that route.

Zero chance Alex Smith is going to the Jets.

The problem with the JETS is they can't even re-structure Sanchez's deal. Usually, you would give the guy some guaranteed money (a bonus) in exchange for extending out the contract to spread the hit out, but all of his money is fully guaranteed. Maybe they could trade Sanchez AND all of their draft picks for somebody's seventh-round pick; that's the only way they're getting out from under that ****hole of a contract.

The problem with the JETS is they can't even re-structure Sanchez's deal. Usually, you would give the guy some guaranteed money (a bonus) in exchange for extending out the contract to spread the hit out, but all of his money is fully guaranteed. Maybe they could trade Sanchez AND all of their draft picks for somebody's seventh-round pick; that's the only way they're getting out from under that ****hole of a contract.

If the Jets were smart (which they aren't), they would just cut Sanchez and trade everyone for draft picks... EVERYONE. Take the huge cap hit on Sanchez this year and be done with it.... and then use the pile of draft picks to rebuild a young team from the ground up.

Trade Revis for a couple of draft picks and maybe a back up QB... someone who will compete with whoever the hell the Jets back up is now (can't remember his name... Foley??)

Trade Cromartie for picks... right down the line.

If they try to eff around with any other strategy, they're fcked.

And I honestly don't mean this as trash talk but do the Jets reallly think they can cobble something together that is going to realistically fight off the Pats for the next couple of years?? Brady can't have too many more years in him and the Pats are in really solid cap shape for next year. I would be shocked if the Pats didn't really start going with the "let's win NOW" mentality and the Jets are going to walk right into that buzzsaw for the next two years.

Rebuild now... with a ton of young guys and see what you can make of it.

I think the Jets are too far in cap hell to cut sanchez.

He's due several million in SB and isn't really cutable til after 2013.

But I do agree they need to implode the team. Trade off Revis, Cromartie, Greene, Keller, etc. for as good of picks as they can get and a mix of 2013 and 2014 draft picks. Personally I wouldn't mind the Falcons sending a 3 and 4 for Keller, if he had a real QB throwing to him I think he'd be good. Then just suck in 2013. Go for the 0-16 season, it would get you in the headlines like Woody wants anyway.

When you come out the other side you've got all kinds of cap space in 2014 to get FA and you have Johnny Manziel or Bridgewater or another potential 1 QB (for some reason I have a sneaky suspicion Manziel will be a 4 year player, I think like Leinart or Luck he enjoys being BMoC)

They can't just burn their roster down to draft picks and college free agents. They just built a new stadium and stuck it to their season ticket holders with jacked up prices and PSLs. There is no way they'll sell tickets and keep loyal ticket holders if they admit they're going to be a league doormat for the next few years, especially when they share a stadium with a much more successful and better run organization like the Giants. Honestly, there is no way out of the cap hell - Sanchez is going to be on the roster for at least the next two - three years. Realistically, all I can hope for as a fan is that the Jets organization will give up the gimmicks and publicity whoring, and try to find a Kaepernick/Wilson type in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. This is an organization that doesn't exactly have the best record with drafting recently (Vernon Gholston among others) so I don't think they can look to build through the draft alone. There are glaring holes all over the team including running back, wide receiver, tight end, linebackers and secondary. The D-line is old and with the exception of Wilkerson, not that talented.

As for the Pats - you guys and the Hoody are going to live and die with Tom Brady. His career is nearing the end and if you look at the Hoody's record with other QBs, it isn't so great. As for signing talent for next year: You guys need to get Welker signed up NOW and then look to improve your secondary. You guys finally have a talented running back, the best TE's in the game, and solid WRs. Offense isn't your problem.

I think the Jets are too far in cap hell to cut sanchez.

He's due several million in SB and isn't really cutable til after 2013.

But I do agree they need to implode the team. Trade off Revis, Cromartie, Greene, Keller, etc. for as good of picks as they can get and a mix of 2013 and 2014 draft picks. Personally I wouldn't mind the Falcons sending a 3 and 4 for Keller, if he had a real QB throwing to him I think he'd be good. Then just suck in 2013. Go for the 0-16 season, it would get you in the headlines like Woody wants anyway.

When you come out the other side you've got all kinds of cap space in 2014 to get FA and you have Johnny Manziel or Bridgewater or another potential 1 QB (for some reason I have a sneaky suspicion Manziel will be a 4 year player, I think like Leinart or Luck he enjoys being BMoC)

This seems to me the most realistic approach. IIRC, the cap hit for cutting Sanchez goes down after next season quite a bit.

What they need to do, though - even if Sanchez is on the team, they can't guarantee him the starting spot. Whether he makes $10M or $10, if he's not the QB who gives them the best shot to win, he can't be under center. It just sets a terrible message to the rest of the team, that a player's contract or draft position is more important that than their production.

I am no Jets fan, but i think if they are looking to acquire a QB by trade, they should be looking at Matt Flynn. Not Alex Smith.

DesertBrew said:
Jets blow, what is this ESPN talking heads still pretending they're relevant?

Content means nothing. Ratings do. Ratings are driven by Americans and Americans are dumb as ****

So the Vikings, Colts, Seahawks, Packers and Redskins are all new playoff teams this year. Defending champs missed the playoffs and there are two new teams in the Super Bowl. Yeah...the idea of parity is ludicrous.

Baltimore is going to win I think...why? Parity

So the Vikings, Colts, Seahawks, Packers and Redskins are all new playoff teams this year. Defending champs missed the playoffs and there are two new teams in the Super Bowl. Yeah...the idea of parity is ludicrous.

Baltimore is going to win I think...why? Parity

What are you smoking Hoppy?

Packers were in the playoffs last year (although barely showed up for the game)

Back