Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but those were not Niners fans...just a bunch of idiots that call themselves fans...we real fans knew Kyle had nothing to do with us losing that game last year.

I think that was just Jim Harbaugh tweeting under a bunch of fake names. :D

I want to trash talk my own team, the vikings. if i could i would kill christian ponder and his "sore" elbow. Also i feel sorry for adrian peterson as he will never get a bowl ring with us. i love the vikings but at the same time i hate them as much if not more!

So the Jets are gonna trade Revis huh??

And seriously... not trash talking... I didn't realize he was a free agent in '14 so... I don't see how they can NOT trade him. There is NO way they can afford him and they have DRAMATICALLY bigger problems than losing one of two top-tier corners. The Sanchez situation, and the massive cap hit that team is going to get royally porked with is going to force their hand. They can either keep him on the roster next year, on a team that needs massive rebuilding, and then lose him in '14 with zero compensation, or... trade him now, get a few picks to help rebuild and also clear at least some cap space.

Again... I don't see how they could possibly NOT trade him.

Now... if ONLY there was a team that needed a decent corner. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, too bad there's no way they'll trade him inside the division... Could you imagine a still developing Denard, Talib, and Revis combo? Then pick up a real #2 safety in the draft to stick back with McCourty... The Pats would actually have a real secondary. Which is exactly why the Jets would never make that trade, sadly.

Yeah, too bad there's no way they'll trade him inside the division... Could you imagine a still developing Denard, Talib, and Revis combo? Then pick up a real #2 safety in the draft to stick back with McCourty... The Pats would actually have a real secondary. Which is exactly why the Jets would never make that trade, sadly.

I dunno.... If the Jets think they're going to rebuild for at least a year or two... and seriously, how could they NOT think that?

Do the Jets honestly think they can compete with the Pats over that timeframe?? No. They can't. Not with that QB situation. I don't think many people realize how catastrophic the Sanchez/salary cap situation is. I think he's the highest cap number on the team and will be even bigger next year... and he's sitting on the bench. They can't get relief on that number unless someone takes Sanchez off their hands and pays his full salary... and who the EFF is gonna do THAT??

If the Pats put together a "we're going to go for it NOW" package (and given Brady's age... they gotta start thinking that way)... and the Jets have couple of years of rebuilding ahead of them...

I dunno... I wouldn't call it impossible.

Pretty sure Revis makes too much $$ for the Pats. BB has never really wanted to pay his cornerbacks; for better or worse, he seems to think it's not a position where the $$ for an elite player is worth it. He doesn't like paying ANY position other than QB, but he ran Asante out of town over money, Ty Law desperately wanted to come back and BB never offered him anything close to fair value (pretty sure Law would have taken a discount to come back). Never seemed to pursue any big-name corners. I'm hoping Talib will take a discount to return. Really, if he's healthy, between he and Dennard that's two pretty damn good corners - you'd love to have someone else, but they could like with a guy like Kyle Arrington as the third corner as long as people stay healthy.

If he can EVER stay healthy, Ras-IR Dowling's an option at the cornerback spot, too. Bigger player, maybe a little lighter than Talib but fairly tall and long arms. Was starting to carve himself out a role before he went back on IR. If he's healthy - and if he gets hurt again, he'll be a camp cut - but if he's healthy, he could be the third CB.

As much as BB loves Ed Reed, don't see him coming to NE. They want youth and athleticism. Remember they took Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round; he looked decent at times. They didn't pursue a couple of older, cheap safeties last offseason like I thought they might (Yerimiah Bell comes to mind).

I don't know... Between Talib and Dowling, injuries in the Pats secondary scare the crap out of me. Figure they picked up Talib 3 weeks into a PED suspension - my guess is the PED's were being used to help him come back from an injury, though I don't know the guy's history well enough to know for sure if that's the case or not. We get him for a few weeks, long enough to show a positive difference in our defense, then lose him to injury again. And Dowling, well, seems like his book's already been written. I kinda hate to hang our defensive hopes on those two, plus Denard. Feels like lots of Marquice Cole to me.

Well, I think they probably bring back Talib, and we see he and Dennard as the 1/2 corners next year. Dowling competes for - but sure as hell isn't handed - the third corner spot.

If they did trade for Revis, they wouldn't re-sign Talib - that's an either/or decision, it would tie too much $$ into one position to pay both of those guys.

But, I'm optimistic that Talib will sign a reasonable offer to be in an excellent situation for him. He doesn't want to go back to a crappy team, not after tasting success for the first time in his career.

And, is Talib really that injury prone, moreso that you would see from any CB? He had the hip thing and obviously went out early against Baltimore, so you need to have depth but I just don't see how they can have THAT much depth. They still need to either pay Welker or pay his replacement.

I believe Talib failed the drug test because of Adderall. The poor man's coke. People use it to study or party all night. Some other players have speculated it might help guys focus on the field.

No. But then again, they don't really talk, they just kinda mumble.

Mumble:

Russell Wilson ROY - true
Dick Sherman probowler - true
Marshawn Lynch runs hard - true (sorry there's no stats to support this; use your freaking eyes and brain)
Redzone is a good way to see a variety of NFL talent - true

What else do you guys pretend to have on me? I think that covers it...

AZ_IPA said:
No. But then again, they don't really talk, they just kinda mumble.

Theres only one of us that cant form coherent thoughts.

I like how Revis is just so shocked that the jets would do that to him.

stratslinger said:
Yeah, that is pretty amusing - especially after one or two holdouts? He's completely blindsided!

I would guess he is thrilled with the prospect of getting off the ship before it hits the ocean floor. He just has to say that to hedge his bets. Wouldn't want to bad mouth the team if you don't end up getting traded. Other teams don't want someone that would bad mouth his current team.
He can't really tweet that he is desperately waiting for BB to give him a call, and that it is his dream to play for the Pats!

Mumble:

Russell Wilson ROY - true
Dick Sherman probowler - true
Marshawn Lynch runs hard - true (sorry there's no stats to support this; use your freaking eyes and brain)
Redzone is a good way to see a variety of NFL talent - true

What else do you guys pretend to have on me? I think that covers it...

ahhhhhhahahahahhaha! great post

Pro Bowl today!

temp130123-fc-nicole-1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

The Pro Bowl... That time half of you wants to see your players go out and kick butt and show everyone else you were right for backing them... all the while the other half of your spends the whole game sweating it out hoping they don't blow out a knee in a meaningless exhibition game and screw up your team's next season.

Wow... are there any good players in the AFC?

No, at least none attending. And why wouldn't you go anyway Mr NFL superstar?? Think about your family,and extended family, and 3rd+ cousins who'd like to see you pay, I mean play to see you in HI?

NFC kickin butt and Mr Russell Wilson looking pretty good; again.

Did I mention I'm 5'10"?

(can't believe I'm watching but whatever)

Latest posts

Back