Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd take three knees and punt and hope the defense scores.

I was think during the game, their best offensive threat was to give the ball back to St. Louis, force them to punt, and hope that they can get a punt return for a touchdown.

Man, I feel bad about New England losing to Arizona now! That must have been the worst 4-0 team in NFL history. In the words of a wise man...

Last edited by a moderator:
We may see a quarterback literally killed tonight.

If I was Kolb I'd be calling quick outs and screens until that rush calms down...

Cheers!

From what I saw, it seemed like they kept running empty backfield, five wideout, spread formations - trying to do quick stuff, Brady-style - to offset the pass rush. But, the offensive line put up less resistance than a broken turnstile. Very amusing watching the right tackle simply watching two defensive linemen run right pass him, with hardly more than a pat on the ass on the way by. Kolb simply could not get rid of the ball quickly enough - no one could.

It was almost like it was Mike Martz was still doing the playcalling.

At a certain point, if your QB is getting absolutely *smoked* on every play... maybe do him a solid and give him an extra blocker or two, mmm?

From what I saw, it seemed like they kept running empty backfield, five wideout, spread formations - trying to do quick stuff, Brady-style - to offset the pass rush. But, the offensive line put up less resistance than a broken turnstile. Very amusing watching the right tackle simply watching two defensive linemen run right pass him, with hardly more than a pat on the ass on the way by. Kolb simply could not get rid of the ball quickly enough - no one could.

It was almost like it was Mike Martz was still doing the playcalling.

At a certain point, if your QB is getting absolutely *smoked* on every play... maybe do him a solid and give him an extra blocker or two, mmm?

It was kind of hilarious. I get leaving the QB back there if you can give him even a split second longer and doing the whole Brady-style thing, that is if you have Brady. Kolb is not Brady. Kolb sucks giant horse cock.

I honestly don't know if Kolb is a decent QB or not, because how do you judge a player when he's behind that offensive line? They talked about him looking like he was shell-shocked coming out of camp... well, YEAH! Drop back for fifty passes and get hit hard forty-nine times, you too might develop a nervous twitch and a bit of a stutter!

Absolutely no running game, either. They could use Beanie Wells, but I doubt they'd be doing a helluva lot on the ground even with him.

Damn, that week 2 loss sucks more and more!

10greenbaypackers_display_image.jpg

All women in Green Bay look like this.

It was kind of hilarious. I get leaving the QB back there if you can give him even a split second longer and doing the whole Brady-style thing, that is if you have Brady. Kolb is not Brady. Kolb sucks giant horse cock.

Of course kolb is not brady and Brady would have been fine in that same situation. But it's not because of quick passes, it's that the other team is actually allowed to hit kolb.

dataz722 said:
Of course kolb is not brady and Brady would have been fine in that same situation. But it's not because of quick passes, it's that the other team is actually allowed to hit kolb.

That's crap, and I'm pretty sure you know it. There were actually several articles written on the subject last year, looking historically at the subject; that showed pretty clearly that Brady's actually among the bottom 5 or 10 QB's in the league with regards to roughing the passer calls. Vick and, interestingly, Kolb, were both in the top 10.

That's crap, and I'm pretty sure you know it. There were actually several articles written on the subject last year, looking historically at the subject; that showed pretty clearly that Brady's actually among the bottom 5 or 10 QB's in the league with regards to roughing the passer calls. Vick and, interestingly, Kolb, were both in the top 10.

Well that's bound to happen when the league has made guys afraid to come within a 5 foot radius of him.

Hey Cape, Dataz is making a relevant point here.

dataz722 said:
Well that's bound to happen when the league has made guys afraid to come within a 5 foot radius of him.

Wait - if they don't give him the calls, exactly how do the make guys afraid to come within a 5 foot radius of him?

(That's Logan Mankins' job - and one he's done pretty well)

Brady 31, Manning 21. About the most comfortable Pats win I've seen between these two - even with most of the home team getting way too comfortable with that 31-7 score early in the game.

N'Orleans beating up the Bolts and making Rivers cry would be the icing on today's cake :mug:

Cheers!

Freakin saints! Still paying the reffs! I want the replacements back! Patriots still suck dong!

Wait - if they don't give him the calls, exactly how do the make guys afraid to come within a 5 foot radius of him?

(That's Logan Mankins' job - and one he's done pretty well)

Here's an article from last year. As of the beginning of last season, Brady drew one roughing-the-passer call for every 625 dropbacks. Both Mannings drew the call at a similar rate. The guys actually GETTING the roughing calls all the time were Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Colt McCoy - at about 10x the rate that Brady gets the call.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sorry-Michael-Vick-NFL-referees-do-not-play-favorites-092911

So, Dataz... in my best Chad Johnson voice, "CHILD, PLEASE!!"

Thanks, Bird - I think that's exactly the article I was thinking of. Though I could've sworn Kolb was higher up the list - guess he just didn't have a whole lot of stats compiled yet to really have a significant measure. But still, Kolb's 0.00/100 pass attempts isn't a huge difference over Brady's 0.16/100 pass attempts. Particularly when you look at Jason Campbell's 1.46, or "other's" (QB's with fewer than 200 attempts, or "scrubs") 0.76. So the league protects scrubs more than Brady or Kolb, basically. Sinister!

Man... Those Packers suck somethin' fierce huh? WOW.

Very high probability of a 2-4 record after next weekend. So yeah. Not writing them off yet but...

Sometimes I'm amazed how one team tanks in a year and others come out of nowhere (Vikings).

Very high probability of a 2-4 record after next weekend. So yeah. Not writing them off yet but...

Sometimes I'm amazed how one team tanks in a year and others come out of nowhere (Vikings).

Happens every year, though. That's why it's pretty much impossible to tell who's good and who sucks until... well, about week 4/5.

Whodathunk the Bengals would have been a playoff team last year? Or that the Eagles would go only 8-8? In 2010, the Bucs came out of nowhere to finish 10-6, and Kansas City won their division. Was it in '08 that Arizona went to the Super Bowl?

There's always one or two teams that significantly outperform expectations, and one or two that underperform - sometimes due to injury, sometimes not.

The Vikings, so far this year they've beaten Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, and San Fran (and lost to Indy). Jacksonville and Tennessee just suck. Detroit's only 1-3 this year, but that's a decent win. Figure they beat Detroit (a decent team) and lost to Indy (also a decent team). And, they beat San Fran, who you'd expect to be better than the Vikings most weeks.

So, 2-0 against crap teams.
1-1 against middle-of-the-road teams
1-0 against very good teams.

So, sure, they've had a good start to the season, but it's not like they've gone up against New England and Baltimore and Atlanta and Houston and beaten 'em all; they're improved, but haven't show that they are elite by any stretch.

Green Bay, though, has got to get their head out of their asses. State Farm better '86 those "discount double-check" commercials until they start winning a few games. You can't have a pretend Championship belt when you lose your first game in the playoffs and start the next season 2-3.

Oh, and who's that who's #3 in the league in rushing yards/game? And is only allowing 3.4 yards/carry on defense? And has the most forced fumbles in the league?

Your New England Patriots.

"Finesse team," my ass!

Wellllllllllll Moto... it's like we been sayin' 'round these pahts for ye'ahs and ye'ahs.... the Pats ah awesome and your team sucks.

It's as dependable as the seasons...

Wellllllllllll Moto... it's like we been sayin' 'round these pahts for ye'ahs and ye'ahs.... the Pats ah awesome and your team sucks.

It's as dependable as the seasons...

Bla bla bla. wait a sec..... No I mean it! Hang on; Oh ****!!
vomiting.jpg
and yes that is Tom's junk.

:fro:

Who even mentioned Brady??

I like watching games like this Monday night game. I can't lose. Watching the Jets lose is always fun but on the other hand, the Texans losing would be good for the Pats so... Either way its all good.

Who even mentioned Brady??

I posted it, was immediately going to edit it after I re-read it and saw all the innuendos I left myself open to. But decided to leave it as is and take it like a man picking up soap in a prison shower.

Ooooh! Me likey that interception!!

Wonder if the Lingerie Leagues could use a new Commissioner (who happens to be a foot guy)...

Cheers! ;)

Can you imagine how excited Russell Wilson's wife is going to be when she gets to watch a real QB this weekend.

Hmmmm. I wonder what her facial expression will be like.

Latest posts

Back