Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Jesus! He got up and walked off the field. Holy sht

He looked dead

I really can't believe they let him walk off. I don't know how they didn't strap him down on a back and neck brace just to be safe. I damn near thought thought he was dead at first.

Then they showed him on the sideline and you could tell he didn't have a clue in hell where he was and he looked like stevie wonder sitting there.

Then they showed him on the sideline and you could tell he didn't have a clue in hell where he was and he looked like stevie wonder sitting there.

No doubt... And I loved the announcers... "That great to see, Cribbs just let out a chuckle and smiling on the sidelines"

... yeah... Cause the purple elephants he's seeing just farted on Abe Lincoln's head and are asking him if he wants to grab a beer and then hit the roller coasters with them.

How about the reports of Jim McMahon entering the early stages of dementia? Says he would never of played football if he knew of the consequences. Looks like he too is going after the NFL. Gee. You never thought smashing your body around and pumping it full of chemicals would cause permanent damage later on down the road? That you could just cash out without some kind of negative impact? I feel bad for the guys after nfl but some things have a price.

How about the reports of Jim McMahon entering the early stages of dementia? Says he would never of played football if he knew of the consequences. Looks like he too is going after the NFL. Gee. You never thought smashing your body around and pumping it full of chemicals would cause permanent damage later on down the road? That you could just cash out without some kind of negative impact? I feel bad for the guys after nfl but some things have a price.

Yeah it is some common sense, but keep in mind that the NFL had some knowledge of the potentially serious issues from head trauma and not just with held the information, but encouraged players to get out there and play, often telling them it wasn't an issue.

In high school I stupidly got lax after taking a fake handoff in a game. Unfortunately, I seriously fooled one of the OLB's and he lit me up. I remember it all, but seriously thought I was in Kmart shopping for fishing equipment. It's a real weird feeling knowing you're wide awake, but have no idea what's going on. Oh, and they let me practice 2 days later.

(yeah, explains everything. i'll save you the trouble.)

In high school I stupidly got lax after taking a fake handoff in a game. Unfortunately, I seriously fooled one of the OLB's and he lit me up. I remember it all, but seriously thought I was in Kmart shopping for fishing equipment. It's a real weird feeling knowing you're wide awake, but have no idea what's going on. Oh, and they let me practice 2 days later.

Yeah, I have gotten knocked out a few times and once I could walk straight and not mumble they always let me play again.

Yeah, I have gotten knocked out a few times and once I could walk straight and not mumble they always let me play again.

Yeah, I never got knocked out playing, worst shot I ever took was a helmet in the base of the back. Still I remember the coaches were all the same, "Can you form a sentence, you want back in? Alright get out there and kill um!"

I never recall head hunting though. I played OLB/SS and I never intentionally led with my helmet or went after the head.

original.gif

At least the MDTOTM is back on track. Big win against an excellent team. They had a stout run defense, but it's hard to keep a great rushing team like the Pats down.

At least the MDTOTM is back on track. Big win against an excellent team. They had a stout run defense, but it's hard to keep a great rushing team like the Pats down.

So you're saying the Pats had to lose a couple to regain focus? :p

Good for Green Bay. Nothing like squeaking out a victory against a winless team to forget the hearbreaking loss from a perfectly executed simultaneous catch at the whistle. Kinda like taking it to Cleveland. Again, Bravo!

As much as the Pats' secondary has sucked monkey balls for most of the past few seasons, never once have I thought we'd be better off with that guy still here. Two of the least-deserved Pro Bowls in NFL history.

This one's for McBrewski, the next time you want to call New England a "finesse" team.

wilforkdestroy.gif

Looking for clips of Brandon Spikes' forced fumble on Fred Jackson, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back