Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brady without belichick would be Dan Marino. A great QB that never gets the championship because Shula was a total boob.
That's just wrong.

Additionally, I think you're missing a big piece in the Brady/Belichick debate: Kraft. Good teams are about good owners and good coaches. One of the best things that ever happened was Parcell's snapping Kraft's carrot about interfering in the coaching field. Look at Irsay/Pagano/Luck. What a cluster f- of good young talent. So many other bad lottery sperm owners kids that have no clue how to execute.

Pat's have three stars that aligned: Brady, Belichick and tipsy Kraft.
That's very true. Now if Ross can leave Gase to his development path, the fins will own the AFC East.

And a helluva lotta luck mixed in.

Do you think Kraft and Belichick said "that Brady is a gonna be one of the best ever; let's wait until to 6th round to take him and pray that Bledsoe gets hurt."?

Oh, and playing in the AFC Easy doesn't hurt either.

Lol, my phone auto corrected "East" to "Easy". Even Android knows...
Agreed about the luck of the pick and if Bledsoe stays healthy....
Your East part now.....

So here's a question: The AFC East use to be a swamp. Do you think other coaches and top level players say "I'm not going to team/division/conference X because Brady/Belichick are there" Moose mentioned the LeBron factor. Same thing. Players avoid needing to beat LeBron in the beginning playoffs in hopes of someone else knocking him off. I think there's a major segment that just looks for money and don't like fitting into a system with a chance for a SuperBowl. Just the latest is Collins. So when you become dominant you loose quality competition.

Ahem... who mentioned the Lebron angle?

That is an interesting angle to look at it through, though. And I'm not sure you can't knock it down by citing just a few of the bigger signings other AFC East teams have made over the past few seasons - look at Buffalo last offseason and Miami the one before - no shortage of talent signing on there to get spanked by the Pats. Coaching, on the other hand... Lotta bluster in some of them, but I can't think of the last time a legit coach showed up in the Division... Maybe the Tuna was the last?

So here's a question: The AFC East use to be a swamp. Do you think other coaches and top level players say "I'm not going to team/division/conference X because Brady/Belichick are there" Moose mentioned the LeBron factor. Same thing. Players avoid needing to beat LeBron in the beginning playoffs in hopes of someone else knocking him off. I think there's a major segment that just looks for money and don't like fitting into a system with a chance for a SuperBowl. Just the latest is Collins. So when you become dominant you loose quality competition.

Ahh, you mean in the good old days, 3 decades of Patsie teams, ok with one or two exception years but even then they got blown out in the token SB they made...

I think these guys all go for the money, can't blame them either. Except for Brady since his wife makes all the coin. Another way the Patsies cheat- that hometown discount is worth at least two top starters.

Ahem... who mentioned the Lebron angle?

That is an interesting angle to look at it through, though. And I'm not sure you can't knock it down by citing just a few of the bigger signings other AFC East teams have made over the past few seasons - look at Buffalo last offseason and Miami the one before - no shortage of talent signing on there to get spanked by the Pats. Coaching, on the other hand... Lotta bluster in some of them, but I can't think of the last time a legit coach showed up in the Division... Maybe the Tuna was the last?
Nope, Gase. Mark it. Dolphin dominance coming your way...

Nope, Gase. Mark it. Dolphin dominance coming your way...

My wife's cousin has said the exact same thing of every damn move the Fish have made the past 6 or 7 years. One of these days, maybe one of you guys will be right - but I wouldn't hold my breath on Gase.

My wife's cousin has said the exact same thing of every damn move the Fish have made the past 6 or 7 years. One of these days, maybe one of you guys will be right - but I wouldn't hold my breath on Gase.

Book it!

Pats better win this one, won't have those annual division wins, it's over baby! :)

I told the pilot to have it ready for wheels up at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning. I wanna get there with time to enjoy the day.

Didn't hit many breweries out there unfortunately. Hit Great Divide and Crooked Stave as standards and both were great. Also hit Jagged Mountain which was really solid. Small place and we spent a big chunk of time there

Didn't hit many brew cribs out there unfortunately. Hit Great D and Crooks as standards and both were great. Also hit Jag Mo which was really solid. Small place and we spent a big chunk of time there

Hipped it up for you. Will you be wearing your avalanche pants to the game?

Marshall Faulk still feels cheated and rightfully so. The game should have been forfeited.

C3ssi3-VUAAd-8G.jpg

He will die bitter and alone, like Roger Goodell.

Man, it's tough to get a word in this this thread with all the Atlanta fans chiming in.

Marshall Faulk still feels cheated and rightfully so. The game should have been forfeited.

C3ssi3-VUAAd-8G.jpg

mmmmm thinking back at that sweet victory and whining like that makes it even sweeter.

Let's not forget StL was the undisputed favorite against the scrappy Patriots. No one gave them a chance. BB will be all over that.

Speaking of bad coaches. He can't even cheat right.

From

Not a significant injury

to

Needs surgery

Constant habitual lying, cheating and still kicked their arses. Now listen up Seasquab fanboys, do you think the Pats spent a major amount of time in preparation of defending Bell? Do you think their game plan would have been different if he was out?

This thread should be renamed to the "Masshole Patriot fanboy circle jerk" thread. It's way more fitting.

This thread should be renamed to the "Masshole Patriot fanboy circle jerk" thread. It's way more fitting.

It only seems that way because at this time of year there are only two teams left, and usually one is the Patriots.
Maybe come back in the preseason, when your team has a glimmer of hope.

Once more, for all Pats fans, I'd like to send out thanks to Michael Jackson and his brothers, and to Zeke Mowatt... Without the Jacksons, Kraft may never have had the chance to buy the old Foxboro stadium, and without Mowatt he may never have had the chance to buy the team.

Funny when the biggest contributions to the turnaround of your team come from two of the biggest screw-ups...

Oh, and eff Faulk. Dude's still salty over something that never happened. Sad, really.

Back