Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's crap... If you guys knew me in real life, you would know that I'm really,really smart.... like intimidatingly smart. I just dumb it down in here so you guys can follow me and make the trash talking more fun.... for me.

I've met Cape and drank beer with Cape, and I can tell you 100% this not_true. :p

Too bad notcapebrewing isn't here anymore. :D

That's crap... If you guys knew me in real life, you would know that I'm really,really smart.... like intimidatingly smart. I just dumb it down in here so you guys can follow me and make the trash talking more fun.... for me.

I was just talking a little smack, no need to get offended Cape. I can tell that you know your stuff, I've been following along your adventures with the nano-brewery. Sounds like you guys are doing extremely well, congrats. Hopefully I can make my way to the East coast sometime in the future and try some of your beers.

I was just talking a little smack, no need to get offended Cape. I can tell that you know your stuff, I've been following along your adventures with the nano-brewery. Sounds like you guys are doing extremely well, congrats. Hopefully I can make my way to the East coast sometime in the future and try some of your beers.

Hey hey hey there will be no sucking up in the thread bub.

dude, stop offending cape. he has a fragile ego.

Foozball is the devil.

All the same,

who-dat-flag-8c01eac558fbe4e2_large.jpg

Former head of officiating saying the Seahawks strategy is to dare the officials to throw a flag on every play for pass interference, knowing that officials won't do it. Essentially they interfere blatantly on every play but the NFL refuses to call it.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303754404579310500005285822

I support more physical play with the receivers and D backs, but this will only make it worse in the long run. I like the Seahawks more than Breez and his poo stained face, but I'll be rooting for nola this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

Former head of officiating saying the Seahawks strategy is to dare the officials to throw a flag on every play for pass interference, knowing that officials won't do it. Essentially they interfere blatantly on every play but the NFL refuses to call it.

I hope you're not blaming the Seahawks here...

Many teams coach their offense lines the same way....hold every play and hope it isn't called. Maybe NO should do that...

You mean like the Notre Dame officials did against Michigan State this season? Those officials sure called it when it, even when it was good clean football.

Just sayin'.....

Many teams coach their offense lines the same way....hold every play and hope it isn't called. Maybe NO should do that...

Absolutely not blaming them. I blame the NFL for these ambiguous rules. The article says the refs see the penalties, they just don't call them. I like the game more physical, if this is the way it is gonna be I just wish the Niners would mug the **** out of everyone as well.

Absolutely not blaming them. I blame the NFL for these ambiguous rules. The article says the refs see the penalties, they just don't call them. I like the game more physical, if this is the way it is gonna be I just wish the Niners would mug the **** out of everyone as well.

Hopefully the league will take lessons from the NBA and realize that unwatchable product in the early 1990s was a result of the Pistons, Knicks, and others using the same tactic.

What I hate is that the refs hold their flags until the 4th quarter on a 3rd down in the red zone and then call ticky tack PI fouls, or completely ignore muggings. Seems like there's no middle ground...

Hopefully the league will take lessons from the NBA and realize that unwatchable product in the early 1990s was a result of the Pistons, Knicks, and others using the same tactic.

What I hate is that the refs hold their flags until the 4th quarter on a 3rd down in the red zone and then call ticky tack PI fouls, or completely ignore muggings. Seems like there's no middle ground...

It's called so unevenly. Same with hits now. If it was up to me though they'd still be able to have contact for 10 yards and as long as you didn't facemask, spear, or horse collar a guy all hits would be fine.

Offensive line is different, you really need to hold somewhat in order to be an effective blocker. As the cliche goes "you could call it on every play," but the refs only throw the flag if the OL hands are outside the defenders shoulders or the defender is being held from pulling away from the blocker.

I think some blame has to go to WR now (all teams). If they don't catch a ball they are always looking at the refs some with their arms out. I think refs get tired of the act and will let some ticky tacky contact go becuase wrs are trying to fight through it.

Same goes for coaches, bringing up Harbaugh I cant believe that refs enjoy working niners games because they have to deal with the tantrum that is the coach on the sidelines and let the game slide to a more physical less flags thrown game to "spite" the coach now I know refs are supposed to have integrity ,and they do, but they are humans who put up with a lot of s*** and just like anyone else get tired of it.

And WR's are guilty of offensive PI much more than they're actually called...

Pretty much. Most PI calls are correct I'd rather they miss one here and there to the fans instead of calling every little bit of contact and really screw the game up.

Pretty much. Most PI calls are correct I'd rather they miss one here and there to the fans instead of calling every little bit of contact and really screw the game up.

Agreed as a Pats fan, I think pretty objectively about calls being made for or against my team (must be the only one, har har har). People hate on Brady for complaining to the officials (just like every Pats fan used to with Marino), but EVERYONE does it and Brady's hardly the worst.

Agreed as a Pats fan, I think pretty objectively about calls being made for or against my team (must be the only one, har har har). People hate on Brady for complaining to the officials (just like every Pats fan used to with Marino), but EVERYONE does it and Brady's hardly the worst.

Yeah, Phillip Rivers is the worst.

Back