Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QB you're talking about was a 3 star recruit ....plus Oregon has been doing it for a decade. KSU did it for one year. Get real. Momba is the biggest recruit we've ever had; it's not like that's a common thing.

Yes...there are idiots calling college football "amature" or "minor leagues" are all over this thread. They aren't smart enough to follow more than one team...

cuz KSU didnt go 10-2 in 2011, right? and the momba is a freak of nature i agree with that, but they just recruited thomas tyner a 5 star who runs a 4.3 40, thats just as fast! maybe the QB was not a good example but i do not know more of their teammates or his recruiting stars, if you only saw him play though youd think he was a 4 star. saying that oregon doesnt consistently get highly rated recruits would not be true, thus proving that they do not do more with less because they recruit great players, therefore they should be great

9129378804_a529e7e611_d.jpg

i believe you did make this thread cape so that means YOU wrote "Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread", not Obnoxious NFL Football Trash Talk Thread or Obnoxious Pro Football Trash Talk Thread. dont be upset you cannot contribute to our realistic college football chat, unlike all the other ridiculous MY TEAMS THE BEST CUZ I LIKE THEM arguments you guys have

i believe you did make this thread cape so that means YOU wrote "Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread", not Obnoxious NFL Football Trash Talk Thread or Obnoxious Pro Football Trash Talk Thread. dont be upset you cannot contribute to our realistic college football chat, unlike all the other ridiculous MY TEAMS THE BEST CUZ I LIKE THEM arguments you guys have

oh you don't like it... perfect... all the better reason for you to GTFO.

See?? Works out well for everyone.

motobrewer said:
hey, minor league, take that wall of useless text elsewhere.

Agreeing with Moto, WTF. There should be a requirement that new thread posters read the entire thread so we don't have to rehash how bad college football sucks and how little anyone cares about it.

i found it humorous that you guys find realistic CFB arguments "minor league" yet you guys just sit around crying or gloating cuz the pats have tebow or cuz hernadez is an idiot, that seems minor league to me and probably most of us on HBT

Noobs are a mixed blessing. As we can all attest, thats where most of the pure classics come from.... and really what has made this thread awesome. On the downside, you occasionally get noobs who, even after lurking a but and posting, just don't get it. And that's unfortunately. It's uncomfortable to watch... the whole thread gets dragged down into a steaming pile of suck.

Ya gotta take the good and work through the bad I guess.

You know its a bad sign though when you prefer Hoppy's posts. Christ... "Hoppy" has even become an effective adjective on this thread.

i found it humorous that you guys find realistic CFB arguments "minor league" yet you guys just sit around crying or gloating cuz the pats have tebow or cuz hernadez is an idiot, that seems minor league to me and probably most of us on HBT

Case in point...

It's uncomfortable to watch really

before me and hoppy started this CFB talk, this thread was bogged down with nothing to talk about. you had cried the past week about tebow and the pats drama and were stretching those topics out to the point it broke and nothing was happening, now we are talking about something completely relevant to FOOTBALL and you dont like the topic and are crying again. I guess history repeats itself, over and over and over and over. any other suggestions related to NFL cape? ill debate on another topic of your choice or we can keep talking about CFB and arguing about that

"Do you play football"!?!??

Don't think for a second that slipped by Hoppy. That has solid potential!! I like it!!

"Blah blah blah blah!!"
"Do you play football!?!"

I like it

"Do you play football"!?!??

Don't think for a second that slipped by Hoppy. That has solid potential!! I like it!!

"Blah blah blah blah!!"
"Do you play football!?!"

I like it

Who was it that when asked by the reporter if he was a good father replied "am I a good father???? uh, are you????"

I actually think it was an NFL player.

Not Ricky Watters and his famous: "why didn't you try to extend and catch that pass?" "Why, for what?" response, but still classic...

edit...this is gay

fins: don't be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)

you posted the CFB video, I posted i was excited for KSU football, then YOU starting the whole big argument. maybe dont start an argument you dont wanna have or finish. and we will both stop

Now you know why we refer to Hoppy as being hoppy. ;)

And maybe you two should start a thread about college football teams that have never won a National Championship.

So I should just jump on a winning teams bandwagon like all these folks did a decade ago? Nah...I have way more dignity than that.

Side note: Any truth to the reports they found dead hookers in Hernandez's pond?

So I should just jump on a winning teams bandwagon like all these folks did a decade ago? Nah...I have way more dignity than that.

They were on the bandwagon when Irving Fryar was playing and are still on the bandwagon even though they haven't won a title since before HBT existed. ;)

But, at least NE fans are loyal.....

You college chumps always have your state team to run back to when your team sucks. Let me guess, you own a couple orange/black hats/shirts for when the Ducks suck (which is often) and the Beavers are good (which is rare).

They were on the bandwagon when Irving Fryar was playing and are still on the bandwagon even though they haven't won a title since before HBT existed. ;)

You college chumps always have your state team to run back to when your team sucks. Let me guess, you own a couple orange/black hats/shirts for when the Ducks suck (which is often) and the Beavers are good (which is rare).

Nah he switches sides and rocks the purple and gold.

Oh great, the management is allowing belligerent noobs in here now?
I mean, Hoppy is appalling enough, but this nimrod?
Way too heavy on the aggro, and way too light on the simple minded lunacy that is HoppyDaze.

Net fail.

I think we should crate this guy and sell him to the Chinese. He'd make good fertilizer...

Cheers!

"The Charlotte Knights really took it to the Durham Bulls last night."

that's what you idiots sound like when you talk about college football.

a giant mess of irrelevance.

One Chimp Kelly will fail miserably in the NFL. Two, take the **** to the amateur athletes thread.
I refer to them as the Amateurs and get bitched at. Seriously make up your gd mind. Compromise @ Semi-Pro as technically they get (under)paid?

Patriots have a great running game this year, annnd discuss.
I believe the word Cape was looking for was "Adequate." At least until Ridley gets KTFO again.

NE fans in Mass. maybe. The only team I've seen more bandwagon fair weather fans for than New England is Green Bay. And secondly, I think you forget just where the hell you're picking up your players. Save a few weird as **** acquisitions like that one guy in SF, you're getting your players from the Minors of Football, CFB. Posture any damn way you wish but the fact is it's just a hobbled baby NFL using "student athlete" as an excuse to underpay them. And it's still better than the damn XFL monstrosity was.

"The Charlotte Knights really took it to the Durham Bulls last night."

that's what you idiots sound like when you talk about college football.

a giant mess of irrelevance.
I do realize that this is a beer making board but you do realize Alcoholism is a debilitating condition. You really should seek help if you're drinking that much this early. Secondly, trying to correlate seems pretty silly when you could bust out something like "The Zips really took it to the Ball State guys last year" instead. That said, any pro football moron who is foolish enough to believe that college football cannot match the excitement level of pro football is a total tool. Fine, I'll give you that the more exciting teams to watch are the ones who pay their players WELL under the table but when you're a sports team trying to keep up the farce of "student athlete," you have to at least try to keep up the charade by making things more "balanced/equal."

And you can believe what you want but I've been to games for both and frankly I'd take the college game of two highly competitive schools over a pro game most of the time without so much as a second thought. If you can't see why then you desperately need to get out more and expand your horizons caveman.

Spoken like someone who has never watched the Pats ever.
Please see the "State of Denial" post for endless loop reply to this.

The Patriot way destroy all evidence
Since the Lewis incident preceded "Spygate" and he destroyed his white suit to avoid the evidence being available to the police, I think technically it would be the Ravens way. But since the Ravens like to copy some of the Patriots strategies, we'll call it a wash.

Plus, I heard the guy in Florida had it deflect off his arm and go into his eye.....which, technically is not being shot in the face.
I have not seen a trajectory mapping for the bullet's deflection but last I checked... The eye is definitively on the face area so it seems like a pretty safe statement from my PoV.

Whoa whoa... We have zero proof that he shot that guy near his house and even less proof he shot him in the face.
Of course we don't... He destroyed all the surveillance equipment at his house to make sure of it.

Can't, Tebow is on my side now.
Wow. Just freaking wow.

Maybe you could take them in the minor league thread, and leave this one for the big boys.
Oh I'm sorry, does a little extra football make you squeamish? You poor baby. Maybe we can get you a nursemaid for the wee t*ttybaby.

its better then ranting about the same new england bullschit over and over
At the risk of stating the obvious... The more obnoxious posters are either New England fans (can't imagine that being an issue in that general location considering the utter lack of (not football related) excuses and posturing over the Boston 17 second collapse peppering the internet right now) or to a lesser degree Seattle or SF fans and the latter of those have a pretty high probability of being bandwagon fans... Seattle fans of course are probably legit though since they'd need to actually do something to earn bandwagon fans.

Wow. I have a dollar for anyone who didn't get bored to tears and actually read more than the first three sentences of those two posts.

Holy sht... How long did it take you to copy and paste all of thise quotes??

You should find a hobby or something

NE fans in Mass. maybe. The only team I've seen more bandwagon fair weather fans for than New England is Green Bay.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

green bay...."fair weather fans".

the stupidity is strong with this one.

Back