Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brady might be the greatest QB of all time already; he's certainly in the top three of all time.

Russell Wilson *might* be the third-best QB in last year's draft, depending on how you feel about Ryan Tannehill. Not a team in the league - including Seattle - who wouldn't rather have Andrew Luck or (if he was healthy) RGIII over Wilson.

the_bird said:
Brady might be the greatest QB of all time already; he's certainly in the top three of all time.

Russell Wilson *might* be the third-best QB in last year's draft, depending on how you feel about Ryan Tannehill. Not a team in the league - including Seattle - who wouldn't rather have Andrew Luck or (if he was healthy) RGIII over Wilson.

Tannehill really? Cmon now dont let yourself get down to Hoppys level.

I think folks will make the Peyton argument and from a regular season perspective, they have an argument. The thing with Peyton/Brady and the regular season that most people don't realize is that Peyton has three more seasons under his belt than Brady. If you do out the math, Peyton still has better per/season stats than Brady... but not by much at all.

Peyton goes DIRECTLY, does not pass Go, does not collect $200, DIRECTLY out the window as soon as you add playoffs into the conversation. The numbers aren't even close. Brady absolutely SMOKES Peyton.

Most folks will still go Montana as the greatest ever.... and that's why I was saying "before he's done" because if you take a look at Montana's actual numbers and lay them up against Brady, they are pretty damn close.

Montana and Brady have each played 23 playoff games in their careers. Brady is 17-6, Montana is 16-7.

Montana: 5,772 yards Brady: 5,629 yards
Montana: 62.8% comp % Brady: 62.5% comp %
Montana: 45 TDs Brady: 41 TDs
Montana: 21 picks Brady: 20 picks

Brady has about 60 more completions but you can argue that either way... Brady completed more passes and was a bigger part of the offense (521 comps out of 833 attempts vs 460/733)... but Montana obviously had a higher yards-per-pass number (12.5 vs 10.8 YPP in Montana's favor)

Brady was the starting QB for 11 seasons and made the playoffs 10 times.
Montana was the starter for 13 seasons and made the playoffs 11 times

Brady has gone one-and-done twice
Montana did it four times

Brady 3/5 in Super Bowls with two MVPS
Montana 4/4 with three MVPs

I think if folks argued Montana, it would be tough to disagree too much.

... but Brady ain't done.

Probably not, but Tannehill's a pretty good player. Miami's going into the offseason not looking for a QB for the first time since Marino retired.

Russell Wilson has been a lot better than people expected, and I know the PNW is in love with the kid - but he still just looks like the Evolutionary Doug Flutie to me. Keep in mind, this is spoken ass someone who loved Doug Flutie. Doug Flutie never got a fair shot in New England originally, but did some great things in Buffalo. Pretty good arm, great legs, great charisma, obviously undersized, a lot of epic comeback wins.

Doug Flutie was never, by any stretch, a great QB.

But as much improvement as Seattle experienced this year - my god, look at how much better Indianapolis was with Andrew Luck. I know his numbers aren't spectacular, but he's done nothing to make people think he shouldn't have been the #1 overall pick. And RGIII; Washington hasn't been relevant in years.

Russell Wilson's better than I though, I'll give you that - but anyone who would take Wilson over Brady has massively overdosed on stupid pills. It's not even close.

Cape Brewing said:
I think folks will make the Peyton argument and from a regular season perspective, they have an argument. The thing with Peyton/Brady and the regular season that most people don't realize is that Peyton has three more seasons under his belt than Brady. If you do out the math, Peyton still has better per/season stats than Brady... but not by much at all.

Peyton goes DIRECTLY, does not pass Go, does not collect $200, DIRECTLY out the window as soon as you add playoffs into the conversation. The numbers aren't even close. Brady absolutely SMOKES Peyton.

Most folks will still go Montana as the greatest ever.... and that's why I was saying "before he's done" because if you take a look at Montana's actual numbers and lay them up against Brady, they are almost dead equal.

Montana and Brady have each played 23 playoff games in their careers. Brady is 17-6, Montana is 16-7.

Montana: 5,772 yards Brady: 5,629 yards
Montana: 62.8% comp % Brady: 62.5% comp %
Montana: 45 TDs Brady: 41 TDs
Montana: 21 picks Brady: 20 picks

Brady has about 60 more completions but you can argue that either way... Brady completed more passes... but Montana obviously had a higher yards-per-pass number.

Brady was the starting QB for 11 seasons and made the playoffs 10 times.
Montana was the starter for 13 seasons and made the playoffs 11 times

Brady has gone one-and-done twice
Montana did it four times

Brady 3/5 in Super Bowls with two MVPS
Montana 4/4 with three MVPs

I think if folks argued Montana, it would be tough to disagree too much.

... but Brady ain't done.

All true and yes postseason has to come into account but then we get Bs like Sanchez and Flacco or I should say anomalies.

the_bird said:
Probably not, but Tannehill's a pretty good player. Miami's going into the offseason not looking for a QB for the first time since Marino retired.

Russell Wilson has been a lot better than people expected, and I know the PNW is in love with the kid - but he still just looks like the Evolutionary Doug Flutie to me. Keep in mind, this is spoken ass someone who loved Doug Flutie. Doug Flutie never got a fair shot in New England originally, but did some great things in Buffalo. Pretty good arm, great legs, great charisma, obviously undersized, a lot of epic comeback wins.

Doug Flutie was never, by any stretch, a great QB.

But as much improvement as Seattle experienced this year - my god, look at how much better Indianapolis was with Andrew Luck. I know his numbers aren't spectacular, but he's done nothing to make people think he shouldn't have been the #1 overall pick. And RGIII; Washington hasn't been relevant in years.

Russell Wilson's better than I though, I'll give you that - but anyone who would take Wilson over Brady has massively overdosed on stupid pills. It's not even close.

Hey hey now Miami had Culpepper one year haha.

I still think of Montana as PROBABLY the best QB of all time. Forget Manning; his abysmal playoff record can't be ignored.

But, the stats are essentially garbage at this point, just because of all the rule changes. You can't compare Brady's stats (or Manning's, or Brees') to Montana's simply because of all the rule changes; forget the ones protecting the QB, the main change was the rules about how cornerbacks are allowed to defend. It used to be that a 55% completion ratio was good; 65% is more the standard now. It's just a different environment, it's like comparing the juiced Barry Bonds' HR record to Roger Maris'.

Cape Brewing said:
Can someone translate that for me??

Sorry was saying that Taking postseason stats into account Sanvhez and Flacco get elevated to levels undeserving.

Stupid discussion. Brady only has one ring if it wasnt for Veniteri

so, and, seriously, I'm trying to understand your comment here, but what you are saying, as I understand it, is:

"Tom Brady would not have a superbowl ring if his team had lost the superbowl".

I don't normally quote myself, but I don't know how to say it any better:
Wow dude. You are pretty f--king dumb.

Haha, oh god this is better than the NFL QB's on Facebook gag...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not on here obviously! Not particularly happy about Brady being on the face of the video either. Maybe I should remove it!

the_bird said:
I still think of Montana as PROBABLY the best QB of all time. Forget Manning; his abysmal playoff record can't be ignored.

But, the stats are essentially garbage at this point, just because of all the rule changes. You can't compare Brady's stats (or Manning's, or Brees') to Montana's simply because of all the rule changes; forget the ones protecting the QB, the main change was the rules about how cornerbacks are allowed to defend. It used to be that a 55% completion ratio was good; 65% is more the standard now. It's just a different environment, it's like comparing the juiced Barry Bonds' HR record to Roger Maris'.

Relevant facts.

Read the last few pages. Jesus Christ in a Dixie cup is Hoppy really that ****ing stupid or just doing a poor job of trolling?

I wonder why Matt Cassel had similar success as Brady when he started for a season. He then sucked when he went to KC. Any theories out there?

Nice analysis you piece of trash

However accurate.

Trash talk...look it up

You are an utter and complete idiot. Do you even follow college football?

Brady started two years and won every bowl game he played in. The only reason he didn't start four years is because alky Brain Griese's daddy was on Lloyd Carr's jock, and Drew Henson sucked booster cock. This thread is the Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread, not the Nonfactual Football Thread.

Look it up.

I wonder why Matt Cassel had similar success as Brady when he started for a season. He then sucked when he went to KC. Any theories out there?

Coaching and quality of offensive line probably both have a lot to do with it... When Cassel filled in for Brady, the coaches intentionally went with a very shallow playbook, and only opened it up very gradually for him as the season progressed, as they saw that he developed confidence and a rapport with his receivers. I didn't watch a ton of what went down with him in KC, but I'm assuming that things were a little less gradual there, even with a full offseason to work with. And KC does not have Dante effin' Scharnechia coaching up their O-Line. That dude could probably coach up the cheeleaders to deliver at least some kind of pass protection, given a week or two of practice.

But he didn't win the rose bowl right? I bet he wishes he had. Duck on Duck personal insults... Nice bro

He never played in the Rose Bowl.

As far as the Duck thing goes, you smell of johnny come lately, or [shudder] non-alumni fan. Where were you in 1981 when we needed you? Thought so.

blacklab said:

As far as the Duck thing goes, you smell of johnny come lately, or [shudder] non-alumni fan. Where were you in 1981 when we needed you? Thought so.

As far as personal insults go...I had sexual relations with your girlfriend/wife/mother(in that order), and I was fully naked for each occurrence.

Isnt that all duck fans? Did you have a team back then or was it just a practice squad for the others.

blacklab said:

As far as personal insults go...I had sexual relations with your girlfriend/wife/mother(in that order), and I was fully naked for each occurrence.

I was five years old in '81. Oddly enough that's the year we moved to Oregon. Dad, was season ticket holder, so was my uncle. Been a fan for 25years. I did not graduate from Oregon though. Montana State ...needed to get out of dodge

I was five years old in '81. Oddly enough that's the year we moved to Oregon. Dad, was season ticket holder, so was my uncle. Been a fan for 25years. I did not graduate from Oregon though. Montana State ...needed to get out of dodge

At least you got Roper.

I've been following the NFL for over five decades and I don't think I've ever seen a better QB than Montana...he did whatever it took to win...next to him, I would say Bradshaw was pretty good too. Brady is good...but only in his era. Montana was simply amazing to watch.

Back