Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McBrewskie said:
Yeah, they play a great style of ball, and they have a huge advantage at home. Still they'll be beat. They played 2 unbelievably ****ty teams back to back and reveled in running up the score. Pete Carroll might be the worst sport in all of professional sports, who the **** runs a fake punt up by 30. I hope if the Niners have the opportunity to run it up, if they win as it will be a tough game, but if they do I hope they run it up big. Would love to see Pete get a Sean Peyton leg break on the sidelines.

Running up the score classic. I bet you got a trophy for showing up. Its pro football you don't want the other team to score stop them.

... neither is New England. Despite last night's struggles, "Week 15 New England" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Week 5 New England," particularly on the defensive side, particularly in the defensive backfield.

About a possible New England v. Denver game in the playoffs. I will have my popcorn ready. That is what football is all about. Snow in Denver or NE with the 2 best QBs of their generation facing off for maybe the last time. Holy **** what a game that will be.

In the end though, some name brand team will win it all. Because that's the way this **** works.

I'll be in Seattle in about 5 hrs. Drinkin in your airport then heading south west. Enjoy the ****ty weather. Merry f'ing xmas. :)

It's hard to parse out the scarcasm from all the relevant facts being thrown around.

Ok. Here's a question. What the hell was the explanation on the kick return where Belichick challenged the call about the returner touching the ball? At one point it was a "do over" and the next thing you know they spot it at the 30 "oh wait our mistake" 20. The overbearing boos down on Hochuli caused him to shrink on the explanation. By the end you couldn't even hear him. He was out of his element without the short sleeves.

Running up the score classic. I bet you got a trophy for showing up. Its pro football you don't want the other team to score stop them.

Normally I agree, but running a fake punt is just plain dirty. Pete Carroll is a fuckstick, always has been. Just embrace him as your fuckstick.

I don't get why on earth you would show off the design of your fake-punt play. Why would you put that on tape for other teams to study? If you want to go for it on fourth down from midfield, **** it, who care... but why would you give other teams the opportunity to study and prepare for your trick plays?

McBrewskie said:
Normally I agree, but running a fake punt is just plain dirty. Pete Carroll is a ****stick, always has been. Just embrace him as your ****stick.

If this stick wins games I could care less. Hmm sounds like a usc fan

It's hard to parse out the scarcasm from all the relevant facts being thrown around.

Ok. Here's a question. What the hell was the explanation on the kick return where Belichick challenged the call about the returner touching the ball? At one point it was a "do over" and the next thing you know they spot it at the 30 "oh wait our mistake" 20. The overbearing boos down on Hochuli caused him to shrink on the explanation. By the end you couldn't even hear him. He was out of his element without the short sleeves.

Still don't know. I'd venture that the Pats' fans don't either. That was terrible and took forever.

the_bird said:
I don't get why on earth you would show off the design of your fake-punt play. Why would you put that on tape for other teams to study? If you want to go for it on fourth down from midfield, **** it, who care... but why would you give other teams the opportunity to study and prepare for your trick plays?

According to him the look they got from the bills it was an automatic play to be called and he didn't call it off in time. Yea I could see how its now on tape but how often would that be called in a game situation? I'm sure it's not their only play like that

If this stick wins games I could care less. Hmm sounds like a usc fan

Was at USC while he was there, cheered on his championships and have no issues with him leaving other than being a scumbag and getting out when **** he was involved in hit the fan. I don't plane you for not caring as long as he wins. Harbaugh's an ******* but he wins so he's our *******. I'll just enjoy any misery that comes Carroll's way that isn't personal tragedy.

Eh, I just don't think it's New England's year. Belichicks cold-calculated style of gameplay along with Brady being an impressive specimen of QB puts up a great show as always, but having slightly more seasonal wins doesn't mean squat in the final game. It comes down to heart. And when the underdogg is given that golden opportunity to shine, they make a bold statement to win that big game. We've seen this a lot in the past couple years with mediocre-record teams winning it all and shutting up the big talkers.

McBrewskie said:
Was at USC while he was there, cheered on his championships and have no issues with him leaving other than being a scumbag and getting out when **** he was involved in hit the fan. I don't plane you for not caring as long as he wins. Harbaugh's an ******* but he wins so he's our *******. I'll just enjoy any misery that comes Carroll's way that isn't personal tragedy.

God I hate your coach :). But I'm glad they are both in the same division the history between them makes the games that much better.

Eh, I just don't think it's New England's year. Belichicks cold-calculated style of gameplay along with Brady being an impressive specimen of QB puts up a great show as always, but having slightly more seasonal wins doesn't mean squat in the final game. It comes down to heart. And when the underdogg is given that golden opportunity to shine, they make a bold statement. We've seen this a lot in the past couple years with mediocre-record teams winning it all and shutting up the big talkers.

If coming back from down 31-3 to tie the game doesn't show "heart"... :confused:...

I mean, say what you want about New England and the reasons why they lost last night, but "lack of heart" sure as **** ain't one of them.

I'm not sure you call San Fran much of an "underdog," anyway. Not a person in New England thought this was going to be an easy game.

So, your whole statement is pretty much 100% wrong.

the_bird said:
If coming back from down 31-3 to tie the game doesn't show "heart"... :confused:...

I mean, say what you want about New England and the reasons why they lost last night, but "lack of heart" sure as **** ain't one of them.

What was odd was there seemed to be no fire in Bradys actions until late in the game. I'm used to seeing him come out with a cold demeaner but have it turn to passion when the game gets going but not last night. Wonder what was up, although I thought he was going to jack Hoculi when the niners called a timeout when he snapped the ball.

SF is not an underdogg. Niether is NE. Seattle is.

So no, not wrong. You read it wrong.

... perhaps you should move on from Week 6. None of this will matter in a couple of weeks, anyway; I know it's kind of unusual for Seattle fans, but all of this is just a warmup for the real games, anyway.

What was odd was there seemed to be no fire in Bradys actions until late in the game.

Yeah... competitiveness that kicks on last minute is not the same as "heart" that doesn't die for a second all season long.

None of this will matter in a couple of weeks, anyway; I know it's kind of unusual for Seattle fans, but all of this is just a warmup for the real games, anyway.

At which time I foresee Denver eventually bumping you guys out for good.

God I hate your coach :). But I'm glad they are both in the same division the history between them makes the games that much better.

I agree. It's like Tommy Lasorda being a Dodger, as a Giants fan I hate him, as a villain I love him. Seattle v Niners needed Bwah and Carroll to be a real rivalry. Who'd have thought that they'd be the best defensive rivalry in the NFL with Pitt and Baltimore joining the geriatric circuit.

Lol bird, your activity in this thread is almost always some kind of emotionally tied *****ey statement for your love of the Patriots. None of it is too unbiased. Patriots gonna fall to Denver in some way or another. Too much other collective team heart standing in Brady/Belichick's way in the Playoffs. If this wasn't all true, I would have no problem saying watch out for the Pats.

McBrewskie said:
I agree. It's like Tommy Lasorda being a Dodger, as a Giants fan I hate him, as a villain I love him. Seattle v Niners needed Bwah and Carroll to be a real rivalry. Who'd have thought that they'd be the best defensive rivalry in the NFL with Pitt and Baltimore joining the geriatric circuit.

Well you can't stop time haha. I hope Petey watches the St. LOUIS tapes on repeat to stop you guys. Although 13 pts last meeting wasn't exactly a blowout

I'm not sure you call San Fran much of an "underdog," anyway. Not a person in New England thought this was going to be an easy game.

So, your whole statement is pretty much 100% wrong.

This. Lol at anyone talking Brady having no heart. I was an unreasonable ******* last night starting right after Brady marched the Pats down for their second TD because I thought the Pats were gonna win the game. I became much more reasonable after the game.:cross:

Haha! How can I talk trash after that?? They played like crap.

They played like absolutely **** for 35 minutes and like the best team in the league for about 25. Play of the game was the kickoff return after the Pats had tied it up; you could feel that all of New England's momentum just evaporated. They call the blitz, get the ball to Crabtree, and Arrington (who's not a good player but usually a good tackler) missed the tackle. Sucked. We better hope that Dennard gets healthy, and Talib stays healthy.

The "pundits" are decrying Belichick's decision to go for it on 4th-and-2 on what, the 12 yard line, but I believe 100% that it was the right call. It's what, a 50/50 proposition (maybe 40/60) that any team converts in that situation, and with how New England was playing, you've got to figure the odds were better than that. Much rather take that gamble, they potentially have 2:30 to play with the timeouts and the 2-minute warning to get a touchdown, than to punt, and then burn all the timeouts, and they hope that we can force a 3-and-out, and then get the ball back, AGAIN probably deep in our own territory, but with no timeouts and still needing a TD.

Funny how NE fans chalk up loses to "playing crappy" instead of playing a better team. I'll give some credit where it's due, unlike any NE fan in the history of ever, NE did make a nice comeback after getting man-handled; most teams in the NFL would have gave up. I will point out that SF played pretty awful on offense in the beginning. They couldn't take a snap under center without fumbling the damn ball.

No way Seattle beats NE in NE. The Clink is an abomination. They built that stadium with acoustics to funnel noise down onto the field. It's the biggest homefield advantage in all of sports.

It's almost like someone considered relevant factors with designing the stadium, weird

Yeah, they play a great style of ball, and they have a huge advantage at home. Still they'll be beat. They played 2 unbelievably ****ty teams back to back and reveled in running up the score. Pete Carroll might be the worst sport in all of professional sports, who the **** runs a fake punt up by 30. I hope if the Niners have the opportunity to run it up, if they win as it will be a tough game, but if they do I hope they run it up big. Would love to see Pete get a Sean Peyton leg break on the sidelines.

It was an "automatic". Pete Carroll simply forgot to call if off. Yes, his crime was not calling off a fake punt while in the midst of getting playing time for second stringers and making calls suited for the new units. Bunch of thin skinned pussies...it's the damn NFL.

Frank Gore >> Marshawn Lynch. Although we all know that Lynch is the hardest hitter in football.

I'll also take San Fran's new QB over Russell Wilson.

There certainly are similarities between the squads, but San Fran's proven that they can win big games on the road. They also went deep in the playoffs last year, and SHOULD have made it to the Super Bowl.

Gore over Lynch LOL gtfo. You are a stat guy, right? No praise for Wilson, just that he's not as good as SF's QB. Hater

Normally I agree, but running a fake punt is just plain dirty. Pete Carroll is a fuckstick, always has been. Just embrace him as your fuckstick.

see above; read it twice...

You don't get it.

Maybe this was brought up a few pages back but I didn't see it.

Anyone else notice when they were shooting off the flares to remember the victims of Newtown. They cut to fans and players watching the flares and some coming close to tears. Then they cut the camera to Brady and he's trying to clear his nose with the snot rocket technique. I wonder why they quickly cut away from Brady??? ;)

There are only two teams worth cheering for... Your favorite team (long as it isn't the Patriots) and any team beating the Pats ;)

I think i just met my new wife from Canada in Seattle airport. 33 yr old German girl and makes more $ than i do. Wondering of Trista is her real name... Mmmm

DesertBrew said:
I think i just met my new wife from Canada in Seattle airport. 33 yr old German girl and makes more $ than i do. Wondering of Trista is her real name... Mmmm

Give her the shocker. If she screams "no", let her go. If she screams "more please" it was meant to be. German girls get nasty...

HoppyDaze said:
Jake Locker is terrible, but what do you expect from a Fuskie...

Oh my we really wanna get into this, not really a debate, Harrington I rest my case. But please enlighten me to the pedigree of Duck Qbs to grace the nfl

The Jets are so bad the Patriots could beat them (maybe only by 3, though). 5 turnovers, 14 penalties, can't get organized or do basic procedural stuff right, playing Tebow.... Rex Ryan should go get some f'ing snacks (and a new job).

Back