Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Direct TV+as much beer as I want+a 58 inch TV+better food for cheaper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$250 a ticket for mediocre seats+$10 bad beer+$8 sausages+traffic+not really getting to see the other games

DVR sealed the deal for home. But I actually like an out of state bar that has a GB following as long as the volume is on and quality screens. Especially since I haven't lived in WI for 16 yrs so you get a bit of comradery. I've made friends this way in the states I've lived in.

I go to games when the opportunity presents but GB is a pain to get to even when I was growing up/living in Milwaukee.

DVR sealed the deal for home. But I actually like an out of state bar that has a GB following as long as the volume is on and quality screens. Especially since I haven't lived in WI for 16 yrs so you get a bit of comradery. I've made friends this way in the states I've lived in.

I go to games when the opportunity presents but GB is a pain to get to even when I was growing up/living in Milwaukee.

I'll go to a good bar with Niner fans and if a chance to go to a game presented itself I'd go. But $250 for mediocre seats is bull****. Plus Candlestick is hard to get in and out of and the stadium just effing sucks. I'd rather have friends over and eat good food and showcase my beer.

I go to every Pats home game. I got on the waiting list as soon as I could afford tickets and was on the list for five years. I got my seats in 2001 and have only missed two games since (weddings)

I have a 109" inch 1080p and a full Irish Pub in my basement (check out my gallery) and I go to every game since I don't have a huge vag.

We put kegs on tap, cook like madmen and spend the entire day at Gillette.

Cape Brewing said:

We put kegs on tap, cook like madmen and spend the entire day at Gillette.

I'd go to one of your tailgates. Wouldn't bother with the game but I'd be on that beer and food action and guard it for you while you watch :)

motobrewer said:
my family has tickets. i don't usually get to go.

Are you that outcast son/sibling they deny or what?

You set that one up, too hard to resist ;)

I'd go to one of your tailgates. Wouldn't bother with the game but I'd be on that beer and food action and guard it for you while you watch :)

... I can see you now by the end of the fourth quarter, looking like Rick Moranis in the fermenter in "Strange Brew"...

sbr_063MoranisThomas.jpg

Who here actually goes to football games? I have season tix to the Ducks and Seahawks. I'm curious how many of you Pats fans are real fans compared to those losers who dress up in team jerseys and scream at the tv at the local dive bar.

Oh going to the games is probably the worse thing you can do. That's where the pink hats congregate. They don't go in until the 2nd quarter, leave early, don't know the game and theyre afraid of weather. Put a couple of drinks in ya and it could get dangerous. I've upped the ante with my friends that have season tickets and have brought a new jockey box to summer parties to inform them it's available for tailgating. I go probably 3-4 times a year. Mostly in the colder months.

Eleven carries for four yards. Chris Johnson only has 1,996 to go to reach 2K! That's the best run D the Pats have shown in a long time. Pass D is still a work in progress, but still... eleven carries, four yards.

Oh, and how 'bout Chandler Jones NOW?

Ok, serious question here. I was only able to see part of the Denver/Pittsburgh game, maybe a little more than a quarter or so. The commentators seem to all be saying "Peyton Manning is back!," but it looked to me like his fastball has still lost a little sizzle. He looked good, don't get me wrong, but it didn't look like he had the same zip on his passes that he used to have. Like a VERY rich man's Chad Pennington.

Anyone else notice that, or am I insane (I know, not mutual exclusive choices).

Manning says he's still rehabbing. They even mentioned during the game that he still has a problem putting speed on the ball, I think, to the right. New receivers too but then again a QB should never take off mustard because it will hurt someones fingers or face. I'm still afraid of the first big hit he takes.

Ok, serious question here. I was only able to see part of the Denver/Pittsburgh game, maybe a little more than a quarter or so. The commentators seem to all be saying "Peyton Manning is back!," but it looked to me like his fastball has still lost a little sizzle. He looked good, don't get me wrong, but it didn't look like he had the same zip on his passes that he used to have. Like a VERY rich man's Chad Pennington.

Anyone else notice that, or am I insane (I know, not mutual exclusive choices).

That's one of the games I really wanted to watch, but by the time that game came on I was too drunk to follow what was going on. My guess is that the Pats and Denver are the best in the AFC. Denver has the better defense of the 2 but the Pats offense is better. Pittsburgh sucks, Baltimore is just getting too old, Cincy will be good but Brady and Manning versus Andy Dalton isn't close.

That's one of the games I really wanted to watch, but by the time that game came on I was too drunk to follow what was going on. My guess is that the Pats and Denver are the best in the AFC. Denver has the better defense of the 2 but the Pats offense is better. Pittsburgh sucks, Baltimore is just getting too old, Cincy will be good but Brady and Manning versus Andy Dalton isn't close.

... Houston? They're more of a playoff contender than Denver is.

Back