Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm only going to do it if it's people that I know (like those of us who shoot the **** around here). I shot Yooper a PM to see if she'd be interested, she kicked ass a couple years ago. Wish that guys like Dude and Walker still hung around, I got to know a lot of the old-school HBT'ers pretty well through FFB.

Agreed, I'd say if you PM 12 that you know/trust that are still active, looking for a league of 10 it should be pretty easy to slap together. I'd help but I'm in ND for the next two weeks working my butt off 12+ hrs a day

Did Bernie used to play FFB with us? Who else? Most of the people I remember aren't active anymore. Ohiobrewtus, he's not on much. Walker. Dude. I see all these guys on Facebook, but not here. AZ_IPA used to play, right?

Heading out but you could reach out to those active in here. Mcbre and I said yep, moto, bluemoose, yooper, olllo(?), AZ I don't think played but he needs a break from the debate forums. Cape, you're a p*ssy :p. That's it, gotta go.

I give this 18% chance of success :D. Oh, try Lil' Sparky, he's not on here as much as he used to but I do plan on getting together with him in HI this xmas

Pass. You guys play you're little fantasy games. Maybe if you get lucky a viscious game of Dungions and Dragons will break out!!

I am too busy on Sundays going to Gillette Stadium and watching the Pats sht stomp real teams

So, Yooper's in.

We've usually done a $20 buy-in. Thinking that's fair. We'll have to scramble for the draft a bit. Not sure about Yahoo! or ESPN, I've always liked Yahoo! but I'm open (doesn't NFL.com have a game, too?)

I'd say pick your site, create the league toss out the PM's requesting an ack with emails & get the invites out. We've done yahoo b4 and if you like it go for it. Never been on NFL one & we probably don't have time to learn. See if we can get to 10 in next 2-3 days and schedule a draft before next Wed which is the 1st game. If we don't get the commitments we just drop it. We're good, create our own thread. Agree with $20

Cape Brewing said:
... and then we can all waive the magic spear of Thendor and banish the elves to the netherworld!!!

AAHHHH AHahahahahah!!! clowns

I see you're making fun of people playing "Fantasy Football", oblivious to the irony that the Pats winning another Super Bowl is as fantasy as football can get.

I'd say pick your site, create the league toss out the PM's requesting an ack with emails & get the invites out. We've done yahoo b4 and if you like it go for it. Never been on NFL one & we probably don't have time to learn. See if we can get to 10 in next 2-3 days and schedule a draft before next Wed which is the 1st game. If we don't get the commitments we just drop it. We're good, create our own thread. Agree with $20

I'll do that this afternoon, a little crazy this morning,

So, Yooper's in.

We've usually done a $20 buy-in. Thinking that's fair. We'll have to scramble for the draft a bit. Not sure about Yahoo! or ESPN, I've always liked Yahoo! but I'm open (doesn't NFL.com have a game, too?)

I'm definitely down for $20.

How many leagues do most of you guys do? I'm already commish-ing one at work and joined another one for family, and they're looking to have simultaneous drafts, which shouldn't be at all confusing...

"AAARGGGG!!! I gotta get this thing fixed in the next four minutes or I won't be able to pick Aaron Rodgers!!! OOOHHHHSSS NOOOOOS"

bird.jpg

Pass. You guys play you're little fantasy games. Maybe if you get lucky a viscious game of Dungions and Dragons will break out!!

I am too busy on Sundays going to Gillette Stadium and watching the Pats sht stomp real teams

Not into fantasy. When I have to hear friends say " I hope the Pats win, but I need Ray Rice to score two touchdowns."
I die a little inside everytime it happens. But I'll cross my fingers for the Dungeons and Drangons thing!

I will say this, Fantasy has some downsides... One year, I had the #6 pick. Picks #1-5 took the top 5 RB's that year, and there was a huge drop-off to the next RB, so I figured I'd grab a stud QB. It was down to Manning or Brady. Manning was always good for fantasy points, and I didn't want to start off getting hammered on for the homer pick, so I took Manning. That was the 2007 season. :mad:

The following season found me in an almost identical predicament, but I chose to go with Brady. And then Bernard Pollard, part 1, happened.

But overall, it's a fun way to keep engaged a little closer than just what's going on with your own team, or your own division.

I will say this, Fantasy has some downsides... One year, I had the #6 pick. Picks #1-5 took the top 5 RB's that year, and there was a huge drop-off to the next RB, so I figured I'd grab a stud QB. It was down to Manning or Brady. Manning was always good for fantasy points, and I didn't want to start off getting hammered on for the homer pick, so I took Manning. That was the 2007 season. :mad:

The following season found me in an almost identical predicament, but I chose to go with Brady. And then Bernard Pollard, part 1, happened.

But overall, it's a fun way to keep engaged a little closer than just what's going on with your own team, or your own division.

So you suck at drafting? You might want to put out your resume to the Buffalo Bills.

I didn't play last year, but I always enjoyed it because it kept me in closer tune with other teams in the league. Are you in? I think that would make 5 so far. Walker's out. AZ_IPA, doesn't play (think I got he and you confused, DesertBrew). Yooper, me, desert, mcbrewski... I'll start a thread in the SF soon, see who else might be interested.

I'm in it for taking everyone's $ just like NCAA tourney. Used to be in the "BS, it blows" camp but once I joined one (here) I rather enjoyed it. I've had a 3 yr break. Fantasy Football doesn't take but 5-10 minutes of my time per week.

Now fantasy baseball, I mean WTF. That has to be a no life kind of nerd thing. The real world game blows bad enough.

Think we may be down to 7.3% probability now :)

My team is what pats fans dream about. Some of the best on your roster, Aaron Rodgers as QB with San Francisco's defense. This could be the FF team of the millennium.

Fantasy football helps make those great primetime games even more exciting, like the Indy at Tampa game last year on Monday Night Football. It was awesome watching two teams struggle to gain 10 yards in 4 downs, but fantasy football helped make it epic.

Dying for the regular season to staht. Can't take watching the schlubs and get the real games started. Only worthy sports watching is Josh Beckett highlights.

PS - I hear B-vitamin will get you to 40 abv but has a side effects of man boobs.

Dying for the regular season to staht. Can't take watching the schlubs and get the real games started. Only worthy sports watching is Josh Beckett highlights.

PS - I hear B-vitamin will get you to 40 abv but has a side effects of man boobs.

Oh man, thank you Red Sox for trading beckett to the Dodgers. 8 of the 9 starting Dodgers the other day were not on the team the last time they lead the division.

So, Yooper's in.

Bird, I'm in for $20 if you change your mind and get it rolling.

ESPN>Yahoo! IMHO

Back