Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh, nobody gives a ****. bro.

also, why is it called "Portland" if it's not even on a major body of water? oh, you're on some river? useless.

also you guys spell "Milwaukee" wrong. idiots.

You must still be mad about the Ducks rolling Badgers in the Rose Bowl. I feel for you...

gf1_1_medium.jpg

I find it unsettling that she is holding a puppy...not sure why.

you know what?

i mean, f**k the patriots, that's obvious, but seriously, F**K the giants. i mean....the giants??? coughlin??? eli??? COUGHLIN!!??!?!? ELI!?!??!??!

THEY'RE the defending champs!?

wtf.

related, the giants should not be able to call an "injury" timeout this season. for painfully obvious reasons.

Nahhhhh... It's all a ploy. The Pats are just sitting back, trying get other teams to think they might have the slightest kink in the armor. "ohhhh no... Our offensive line might be a little shaky. What ever shall we do??" so that Tenn will bring the house week 1 and Brady will just go over the top for 700 yards passing and 8 TDs.

I've seen em pull this stunt a TON of times.

Welker is going to be awesome this year. I just got a feeling he's going to beak some records.

bluemoose said:
Then next year maybe he can beak some records for Green Bay.

What, are you guys falling out of love with your leprechaun? I seriously think that your kicker and Welker will score 90% of the patriots points this year.

I don't think anybody's fallen out of love with Welker in New England - quite the opposite in fact. We're just seeing him reach a point in his career where his idea of his value is higher than the franchise's idea of his value, and we've seen how that story plays out in New England too many times. So we'll enjoy the Hell out of what's likely to be our last season with Wes.

But hey - the TE party is locked up long term now, so we've got that to look forward to!

I wanted gronk but missed out. At least I got Rodgers in my FFL.

And why the hell can't we get a league going here no more ;).

I predict a Tue, 7:37a eastern time post from Cape.

I wanted gronk but missed out. At least I got Rodgers in my FFL.

And why the hell can't we get a league going here no more ;).

I predict a Tue, 7:37a eastern time post from Cape.

I tried to do a league last year (or maybe the year before), but there were like two people interested. I'm pretty sure there's another league that's formed here, but it's all people I don't know so there isn't much point.

I dont do FF. let's just say I am way too... Ummm. Competitive.

It gets ugly.

Besides, I would draft all Pats players and go undefeated anyway and what's the fun in that for everyone else.

Well, who'd want you, anyway? The last FFB league I was in was Gronk's rookie year, because I took him as Mr. Irrelevant. I'd commish a league if we could scrounge up eight players; sounds like we might have three now.

Well, Hernandez is a lot more likely to get hurt. And I'd be shocked if Gronk doesn't end up with more TDs. When they're inside the 5, they'll throw to Gronk first because he has better hands and because he's a more difficult guy to cover in tight space. Hernandez will probably make more plays down the field, but he's not as reliable a receiver and he doesn't have the same size advantage as Gronk. So, it may depend on which stats we're talking about (I'll take the TDs).

FFL - like herding cats around here. I'd join bird but you know it's painful. Maybe if we require home address and a credit card imprint. I'd do a $20, I'm in a $100 now & there's Italians involved so payment is up front. :)

I will say I'm in one with ESPN for the first time and so far I like it better than yahoo. Different UI confused me at 1st. We did a snake draft, 10 guys and it went pretty smooth. I was 3rd, nabbed Rodgers but then had to wait to the 17th pick. 10 teams

Well, I'm only going to do it if it's people that I know (like those of us who shoot the **** around here). I shot Yooper a PM to see if she'd be interested, she kicked ass a couple years ago. Wish that guys like Dude and Walker still hung around, I got to know a lot of the old-school HBT'ers pretty well through FFB.

Back