Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go out on that limb. Didn't a decent offence (Detroit), hang 45 on them in their house? Score points and don't crap yourself on defense, it's not that tough.

_

prediction:

next week wildwest will rag on someone for not making a riskier prediction.

wait, this prediction wasn't risky enough!

C'mon, you have to admit - this is pretty awesome.

for_no_real_reason_heres_danny_woodhead_with_gheorghe_muresan.jpg

Zoltan Mesko and Danny Woodhead, kickin' it with Gheorghe Muresan.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they're re-enacting a scene from Lord of the Rings. Woody's a hobbit, and Muresan's one of those giant talking-tree things. Not sure about Zoltan, though.

Wow - Mesko has exactly the kind of crazy eyes I'd expect from a guy with a name like that. And just how tall is he, anyway???

Tops.

Remember this from last year?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEhEFBu-C4]Danny Woodhead as Modell's Employee Selling his own Reebok Jersey - YouTube[/ame]

My friend grew up with Steven Gregory of the Chargers. He brought him to a work party during the off-season. He's only like 5'9". A few of the people who don't know football (or enough about it to know a 5th DB from the Chargers), were literally laughing when they were introduced to him. They didn't believe him at all. He's a regular guy in attitude and size, so its hard to believe what he does when you see him in person.

I went to high school and played with Lewis Sanders (he had to spend his last years with you guys of course...). When we started playing, he was literally 5'6", 120lbs. He ran like lightning, but EVERYONE laughed when he said he was going to be in the NFL. He literally spent hours in the gym and definitely never did roids (at least not during high school). When he graduated, he was like 210, had a full college scholarship, and no one laughed at him anymore. ;)

EDIT: I'm a dummy....

Just looked him up on ESPN.com. I was thinking the super tall guy was Mesko. Whoops!

Also, that tall guy's eyes look considerably less crazy when not looking at that picture on an iphone... Just sayin'.

Wow.

Guess someone isn't making enough money playing football. Kind of surprised this guy isn't playing for the Pack.

Bears WR Sam Hurd arrested
By Michael C. Wright
ESPNChicago.com

Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd was arrested in Chicago on federal drug charges on Wednesday night, and the criminal complaint against him describes Hurd as regularly dealing large amounts of drugs in Chicago.

Complaint Against Hurd
Bears receiver Sam Hurd was arrested and faces charges of buying drugs with intent to distribute. Check out the criminal complaint against him.

Hurd allegedly attempted to purchase cocaine and marijuana from a supplier in North Texas, the location of where the case will be adjudicated. He was arrested by undercover agents at a Chicago steakhouse Wednesday night and was due to appear in federal court in Chicago Thursday to face a charge that he did "possess with intent to distribute 500 grams or more" of cocaine.

"We are aware of Sam's arrest and are continuing to gather details surrounding it," the Bears said in a statement. "We are disappointed whenever these circumstances arise. We will deal with them appropriately once we have all the information."

The investigation into Hurd's attempt to buy large amounts of cocaine and marijuana began in July 2011 when he was still a member of the Dallas Cowboys and concluded when he personally met with a confidential informant at a restaurant on West Bryn Mawr Avenue in Chicago Wednesday.

At that meeting, Hurd told the informant that he wanted to buy "five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area," according to the complaint.

Hurd allegedly negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram for the cocaine and $450 per pound for the marijuana. The complaint says that Hurd "further stated that he and another co-conspirator currently distribute four kilograms of cocaine per week in the Chicago area, but that the supplier could not supply him with enough quantity."

After they agreed on a price, the undercover agent gave Hurd a kilogram of cocaine, according to the complaint. Hurd told the agent that he plays for the Bears and would get out of practice at 5:30 p.m., at which time he would make arrangements to pay for the drugs. According to the complaint, Hurd then took the drugs and got in his car. He was promptly arrested.

Hurd hit authorities' radar in July when a confidential informant told police that a man was attempting to obtain four kilograms of cocaine for an unknown buyer in the Dallas area. That man was later stopped by police with $88,000 in a canvas bag. He said that the car and the money belonged to Hurd. Police confiscated the money, and Hurd later contacted authorities trying to get the money back.

Hurd was interviewed by police and admitted that he owned the car and had taken the money out of the bank, but authorities found that bank records did not match the amount.

Then in August 2011 text messages and cellular phone records from a number used by Hurd showed up in relation to four individuals who were detained in California with currency, narcotics and weapons. The complaint states that the text message content "appeared to be consistent with narcotics trafficking and possible money laundering."

In December the confidential informant told the co-conspirator that he would have to meet Hurd to "discuss future business." That led to the meeting and arrest in Chicago Wednesday.

A free-agent acquisition by the Bears from the Dallas Cowboys in July, Hurd has played in 12 games this season primarily as a special-teams contributor. As a receiver, Hurd has posted eight catches for 109 yards.

A thousand pounds of weed, per week, plus ten kilos of coke?

Why would you even bother playing football - I mean, that's clearly not your main source of income.

I mean, that's more than a half-million bucks' worth of drugs (wholesale prices!) per week. Why on earth would you still risk your neck playing special teams?

If "The Genius" would have stopped negotiating away all your 1st round picks over the years, your D could have been better. Thus you let GB nab Mathews at #26.

Bonus would have been the fat head poster in your basement as fappin' material. :cross:

(waits for the comeback that I set myself up for...)

Not Obnoxious, but ESPN Audibles is the best NFL program they got IMO. Dilfer is really good at this. Jerry Rice on the other hand...

If "The Genius" would have stopped negotiating away all your 1st round picks over the years, your D could have been better. Thus you let GB nab Mathews at #26.
)

'cause the Packer D is so lights out??

Besides, the Pats didnt want Mathews on the team, trying to deal roids to the rest of the team. Tommy has enough rage on the sidelines.

DesertBrew said:
This is kind of funny. I don't get to watch Denver get a beat down though unless I stay at the bar for 6 hrs (Packers not on local either)

Tim Tebow, Tom Brady - take your pick - ESPN

I think NE easily covers the 7 pts and Packers don't cover the 13.5. For some reason GB always sucks playing there.

Funny, you would think the Sunday night flex schedule would have the Pats at Denver.

punkrockdave said:
Funny, you would think the Sunday night flex schedule would have the Pats at Denver.

Agree. Don't know who is sunday night but this one would be huge ratings.

We were all expecting it to be flexed, but CBS didn't want to let it go.

Certain games each week they are allowed to protect and they did this week.

Back