Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hm, more cheatriots scandal:

http://phinphanatic.com/2011/11/05/cheatriots-again-patriots-ex-player-claims-extra-pay/
If practice was going slow, he’d look at me and just say, ‘It’s time,’” Eaton said. “He wanted me to get on somebody’s [case] and start a little fight. I was known for that and it paid off on Fridays. There’d always be some extra money in my locker. Practice players don’t make much, so I really appreciated it.”

the_bird said:
... and Packers fans remain stunningly immune to the effects of sarcasm.

This one being exempt. Now if he starts lacking teeth in his smile we'll have to question both Mathews and Nitschke.

Wow, the Lions are getting squished, even though it is still early. They are gonna have to find someone besides Calvin Johnson to throw to, or they are not going anywhere.

Seattle Dataz wtf?

Why on earth is Flacco throwing the ball 52 times and Ray Rice carrying it five?

It's the fourth time this year Flacco has thrown at least 47 passes. I know it's a passing league... but c'mon man, it's the Ravens! More importantly, it's Joe Flacco! He ain't terrible, but why are they leaning THAT heavily on him?

Am I the only one who dreads having to watch a game called by Chris Collinsworth? I think I dislike him more than I do Rex Ryan, and I'm a Pats fan...

Am I the only one who dreads having to watch a game called by Chris Collinsworth? I think I dislike him more than I do Rex Ryan, and I'm a Pats fan...

I'll take Collinsworth over Joe Buck any day. I'd rather hear John Madden repeat "Brett Favre" over a video loop of squirrels playing ping pong for 3 hours straight than listen to any sport called by Joe Buck.

If only there was a trophy for being the most inconsistent team in the league. What the **** are they doing?

Why on earth is Flacco throwing the ball 52 times and Ray Rice carrying it five?

It's the fourth time this year Flacco has thrown at least 47 passes. I know it's a passing league... but c'mon man, it's the Ravens! More importantly, it's Joe Flacco! He ain't terrible, but why are they leaning THAT heavily on him?

Can't argue with that one bit.

Can't argue that either.

AZ_IPA said:
You do remember back when he was calling notre dame games, he said "step out if the way Joe Montana" in reference to Ron Powlus....

His career should'a been done after that...

No and I have really only in the last few years thought he might not be as bad as a lot of the commentators but like I said that's not saying a whole lot.

I'll take Collinsworth over Joe Buck any day.

I think Collingsworth & Buck are terrible. But Tony Kornheiser, Dennis Miller, Ron Jaworski all suck worse. However, I would sit in the both while they all called the game before I would listen to Joe Theisman.

I don't mind Jaws.

Jon Gruden, on the other hand, that **** can't get back into coaching (and out of the booth) fast enough.

How 'bout that Pats D? 'Dre Carter with 4.5 sacks. The practice squad secondary looking pretty good, albeit against a pathetic Jets offense. I mean.... if you can't exploit Ross "Waiver Wire" Ventrone and Co., they should put you in Division II.

Yeah, with all this media talk about "What's wrong with the Pat's", this game should prove if you don't take advantage of the oportunities, this team can still find a way to win.

Hmmm.... I don't think I would have guessed this at all...

Points per game allowed: Pats are tied for 12th in the NFL with.... The Jets.

For a defense that is suposed to be the worst in the history of the NFL and another that is supposed to be an "elite D"... I wouldn't have guessed they were giving up the same points-per-game.

LOL!!!

I think all of Clay Matthews' steroids are going to your head.

Explain to me how stating a simple fact about a football team is "oblivious sense of self-worth"

LOL... you're like a clown. You amuse me.

Back