Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^PKA, *******.^

I totally agree with "minor brush". But the rule is pretty specific about contact with the QB's head.
Amazingly, "minor brush" doesn't appear.

If you want to rag on calls, how about at least three direct and blatant helmet hits on Patriots receivers that weren't even mentioned by the broadcast crew never mind flagged? Or the obvious DPI against Gronk on a sideline route where the defender held him for every stride across 15 yards?

Meh. Upsize your panties, the D brushed Brady's facemask. By definition a PF...

Upsize my panties? After thinking calls like that are acceptable? Please. He was clearly trying to not hit him in the head, and hit his chest with his hand. MAYBE his arm grazed the facemask. If they're gonna call stuff like that, put a flag in their waistband and call it a day.

Sorry, rules are rules. If you don't like the rules, change the rules.
The referee standing behind Brady threw that flag. All he saw was Brady's helmet move right when the D's arm came down. Instant flag every time no matter who is involved...

btw, Patriots fans have heard it all before...

Instant flag every time no matter who is involved...

btw, Patriots fans have heard it all before...

Umm, no, not "not matter who is involved." Maybe that's called on other QB's. MAYBE. Picture above shows the one on Mahomes, much more serious, not called. There's a reason Patriots fans have heard it all before...Not gonna say they're not a good team, but let's be honest here...

I might have considered watching the SB if it were the Saints vs KC.
Pat/Rams..... i'll pass. (no pun intended)

Denial (we should have won!)
Anger (goddammit, WE SHOULD HAVE WON!)
Bargaining (admittedly, this is a brief stage because the reality is always IT'S OVAH!)
Self-Pity (KC is already trashing Dee Ford)
Acceptance (never seen that phase - they always go back to Denial).

FB_IMG_1548048995286.jpg

Quite likely. And that's fine. Probably why in my 68 years in this particular reality I've wagered an entire $1.25, total.
It's just not my thing. I get enough emotional exercise out of watching my financial investments.

In my defense I offer this line from ESPN:
"For about 10 minutes late Sunday night, though, the Patriots were Super Bowl underdogs. That changed quickly."

Meanwhile...

001b1472-b100-4b3d-b0a7-63def0965ec3-large16x9_NewEnglandPatriots.JPG

ONE MORE TIME!

ps: along with the pure schadenfreude of reading post-loss opposing team requiems and the anguish of their fans as told in the Comments sections, we have two weeks to relish how we got here and how the Patriots are gonna smoke LA.

Fun times! :D

pps: the only reason the Patriots lost last year was because Edelman - the 2nd most important cog in the gear train - didn't play. Book it.

Last edited:
btw, don't think it goes unnoticed that while the losers snipe at the Patriots not a word seems to have been spoken about the rip-off in the Superdome.

Interesting...but not unexpected...

9 Superbowl appearances in 18 years must drive about 95% of Football America crazy.

We get it :D

Last edited:
Still waiting for Hoppy to show his cards. In a weird way hoping he bet on the Patriots :)

While I'm waiting, this is hilarious...

tweeter.jpg

TITLE TOWN, BABY!

Last edited:
Whoa whoa!!!! Keep it civil dude!! “Keep calm and go Rams”!?!? Such a hard core burn!!

Did you see the end of the game last night? That was cool how the Pats marched right down and won huh?

Nope. Sat on the couch and finished my beer.

The Pats go to the Super Bowl almost every year so it’s not even really that exciting any more.

Pats fans just kinda yawn and wait for them to toss another trophy on the pile

Nope. Sat on the couch and finished my beer.

The Pats go to the Super Bowl almost every year so it’s not even really that exciting any more.

Pats fans just kinda yawn and wait for them to toss another trophy on the pile
Could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over MT's whining

I did see the Erin Rodgers commercial for Kohl's. Added bonus was all the post game interviews the Late Late Show with James Corden with guest Russell Wilson was cancelled in our time zone. Did they do Car Pool Karaoke Hoppy?

Last edited:
Back