NY / NJ Area Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sent out payment instructions via PM to those in the NY/NNJ Pallet. Payment received from Barley_Davidson already. Guess someone's itching to get their malt :mug::D

EDIT: If you plan on sending check or money order, please let me know so I'm on the lookout for it.

so there honoring the 2000# price column pricing(which it should be according to there 2009 pricing on their webpage) for the CNJ pallet but not the NNJ pallet?

Holy crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. My fault though. I got payment from Barley however I noticed that the chart didn't add one of his sacks. There was another one as well but I fixed it. So if you read the PM i sent earlier about 9:20 pm, re-read it to make sure you are reading the correct list. Sorry guys.

so there honoring the 2000# price column pricing(which it should be according to there 2009 pricing on their webpage) for the CNJ pallet but not the NNJ pallet?

It's a matter of $0.03 a pound. I figured it's still a good deal as far as other options. I really didn't want to delay this more as I have quite a bit on my plate until the end of the month. Would you rather I wait to get the chance to call and make the same arrangements as the CNJ pallet? $0.03 X 55= $1.65

And here is the correct list
NY-NNJGroupBuyFINALLIST.jpg

The totals SHOULD read:
ST_STEPHEN - $199.80
JOMARKY - $94.51
BENTTWIG - $225.90
FROGMAN - $138.21
ROMMEL - $153.69
JOSH/CUTTER - $280.85
ROB N - $80.80
TKONE: $87.40
BKOV - $68.15
BARLEY-DAVIDSON - $144.55 (paid $106.05) BALANCE $38.50
DAVE W - $30.50
VSIDDARTHA - $67.60 (PAID IN FULL)

In order to see the chart correctly, you need to either refresh your internet window or open a new one. I noticed it kept showing the old chart unless I did that

Bobby, did you decide yet how you want to handle the financial bits? For example Paypal, a check/cash in person on pickup, maybe a Godfather-esque "someday I will ask a favor of you"...? :)

Cash, no checks. If someone wants to pay with paypal in advance, they'll pickup the fee too. I guess that's the only way to pay via credit card though. I'll contact everyone with totals when I'm ready to start arranging pickup.

Note to the CNJ group, I throw my loading dock guys a $20 for being "cool". I'm leaving it up to you whether you want to contribute to that or not. It won't be in the final tally.

Cash, no checks. If someone wants to pay with paypal in advance, they'll pickup the fee too. I guess that's the only way to pay via credit card though. I'll contact everyone with totals when I'm ready to start arranging pickup.

Paypal only charges a fee if you use a credit card. If you have it come out of your Paypal acct or bank acct, there is no fee.

Hmm. I always get money for goods so I didn't know that but I'd assume most people aren't rolling with a paypal balance and would likely only use it for credit card. In any case, if you pay me via paypal and they charge me because you used a credit card, it's 3%.

you only get a paypal fee for receiving if you break a certain amount received in a certain time period.

i'm not 100% positive what it is, but after like 9 years i'm still not paying fees unless it's a credit card.

Hmm. I always get money for goods so I didn't know that but I'd assume most people aren't rolling with a paypal balance and would likely only use it for credit card. In any case, if you pay me via paypal and they charge me because you used a credit card, it's 3%.

I also read that there is an option for the buyer/sender to pay that fee directly.

bobby, it's due to your usage :). although this means you're getting a bunch of money through paypal regularly, so, like, good for you!

there should be a way to have the sender pay all the fees associated with it as well.

rommel -- any idea as to when the grain would be arriving for your pallet?

I think I might be able to make the drive up tomorrow. Or Thursday. Depending on when they get there tomorrow. And your availability of course. Should we take this PM from here?

bobby, it's due to your usage :). although this means you're getting a bunch of money through paypal regularly, so, like, good for you!

there should be a way to have the sender pay all the fees associated with it as well.

rommel -- any idea as to when the grain would be arriving for your pallet?

Not as of yet. Anyone know if they deliver on Saturdays?

Wow, I missed a whole page of posts before.

Anyway, definitely count me in for a few of the $20.

See you tomorrow.

When is good to come pick up. I would really love to do this so as to avoid rush hour either way. i.e. arriving at your place 2 PM ish either tomorrow or Friday.

I just PM'd you details, hope you got them. I work during the day but pretty close to home so I could meet you. However, I'm in a class Thurs/Friday so it would have to be between 12-1 when the class breaks for lunch.

That surely is a full load Bobby, I was impressed, and have overloaded a vehicle a time or two.

Thanks again for putting the buy through so efficiently! Very nice tasting session as well...that Flanders Red is da bomb!

So you mean to tell me that you had this grain delivered elsewhere and then loaded it all into your truck to bring home? Holy crap! That is way beyond the call.

Well, thanks. A lot.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would get fired for taking up room on the loading dock for a while while people came to pick up their grain. I had it in the pickup truck within 10 minutes of the delivery to keep things on the DL.

I'm going to see if I can set up delivery on Thursday 10/1. I'm calling today.

I submitted the order. They will email me back with an estimate. I requested a 10/1 delivery date. Only potential problem is that they asked for bill to and ship to information. As I live in NY, they might end up charging tax, if there is tax on grain that is. If that is the case do we want to pay the tax or have someone from NJ submit the order?

I'm going to see if I can set up delivery on Thursday 10/1. I'm calling today.

if that date works out, would i be able to pick up my 2 sacks on friday 10/2 in the afternoon? or would you really need to get the sacks out of there the same day?

I believe so since there was no tax. The order has been placed, shipment will be made to Anchor Rent All located at 174 Route 17 North, Upper Saddle River, NJ on Thursday 10/1/2009. If anyone wants to give me their cell # I could call once I know about what time the shipment will be made.

I believe so since there was no tax. The order has been placed, shipment will be made to Anchor Rent All located at 174 Route 17 North, Upper Saddle River, NJ on Thursday 10/1/2009. If anyone wants to give me their cell # I could call once I know about what time the shipment will be made.

Once the shipment is made, what is the time frame it will be available for everyone to pick their stuff up?

No tax on grain in NY even if shipped in state. Its considered a food item like rice . Now if you had Star-San or other none food items they would be taxed .

No tax on grain in NY even if shipped in state. Its considered a food item like rice . Now if you had Star-San or other none food items they would be taxed .

Yeah, that's what i thought but I wasn't positive.
THE NY/NNJ ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED - DELIVERY DATE SHOULD BE THURSDAY 10/1 MADE TO ANCHOR RENT ALL LOCATED AT 174 RT 17 NORTH, UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ. You will need to get to the delivery point while the place is open to get the sacks. If need be, especially those of you in NY, PM me and I might be able to get your sacks for you. I could either meet you somewhere or you could drop by. The store hours are Mon - Fri 7a - 5p, Sat 7a-4p

I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE OWNER OF ANCHOR RENT ALL WILL HAVE THE PLACE CLOSED MON & TUES AFTER DELIVERY. PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO GET YOUR GRAINS THURSDAY, FRIDAY OR SATURDAY

Back