NY / NJ Area Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't appear so, nothing is committed and no payment has been made yet.

dontman.. I just meant that anyone South of me is welcome to come pick their share up at my place. IOW, I'll get it from up north and bring it here. It would shave two hours off your drive.

It doesn't appear so, nothing is committed and no payment has been made yet.

dontman.. I just meant that anyone South of me is welcome to come pick their share up at my place. IOW, I'll get it from up north and bring it here. It would shave two hours off your drive.

I play golf at Mercer East a couple times per week and might be able to swing by to pick up some grain.

I wish I could do this , it'll have to wait until I get a BC...which is definitely my next investment.

After some careful calculation, I'm in for 3 sacks:

1x 2002 Canadian 2-row
1x T101 TF Maris Otter
1x T106 TF Golden Promise

I'm gonna need to hurry up with my mill-motorization project, and buy a few extra kegs!

Thanks for setting this up!

I would like :
1 HT101 Thomas Fawcett Mariss otter
2 B101 Best Malz Pilsen
1 B301 Best Malz Vienna

I would split some crystal if anyone else is interested.

many thanks,
stephen

Rommel, I think your idea about starting a new thread would be a good idea where people could actually post their orders, and if you know the details (ie, when your gonna order, where its gonna be delivered, how you want to collect money, etc) putting them in the first post would help.

Thanks a lot for organizing this, once I know the details I will be able to post up what I will want.

There's been a request from someone on Brews Bros to split a sack of Best Malz Vienna Malt. Any takers?

also, anyone interested in splitting a 50lb sack of light DME ($98 for the 50lbs)?

Hi Rommel, sorry to make it more difficult for you but I have an order change..

Make it
4 sacks TF Marris (T101) ~$40 each
4 sacks BestMalz Pils (B101) ~$33 each
2 sacks Bestmalz Light Munich (B201) ~$33 each

If there's enough room, I'll also take (STAR1) 1 gallon $29

The pallet rate to NJ is $105 plus 21 fuel surcharge. If the pallet gets full to about 40-42 sacks, the per sack shipping rate is about $3 each but just calling it $4 would make it so you don't have to play around every time someone adds a sack.

Let me know if I'm hogging too much of the pallet and I'll back off.

BTW... for those that didn't see it, Rommel updated post #1 of this slide with the consolidated list.

I'll take:

1 bag BestMalz Pils
1 bag BestMalz Vienna

(Hopefully I can pick this up from you Bobby, yes?)

Rommel,
I don't need the pils. I have only used about 70# of the 400# I bought before. So I'll have to pass.

I will take a gallon of starsan if you need one more to make a case. I also need to find a way to pick it up.

I've made the changes to the list for BadCoffee, Bobby_M and Dontman. Please verify. Also, with the addition of the StarSan (or any future added chemicals), we're going to have to add a $15 "Hazardous Materials Transport Fee', correct? This is a per order fee, not per item. I'm thinking that it would be fair to split this between those who are ordering the hazmats. Any objections?

EDIT: BadCoffee - I'm in Manhattan all the time. I could meet you at home or work or elsewhere, depending on my schedule.

Unless there are enough takers for a case, I don't think it would be worth the star san with surcharge. I don't NEED it but let's see how many people want it and how many sacks are in demand.

Ok, looks like 25 sacks so far. I always looked at 25 sacks as being the threshold for making the freight worth it because it puts the per sack cost at about $5. Fill the pallet guys!! ;-)

I don't need any malts as of yet . I have really slowed down on brewing the past few months . I just did a brew yesterday first in about 2 months .

Wow, I'm glad I signed into HBT today =)

Hey Bobby M, long time no talk, I've moved up to Roxbury so it is hard for me to get down to Woodbridge now.

Anyway,

I'm down for the following:

2 x 2002 CMC 2-row
1 x B101 Best Pilsen
2 x T101 TF Maris Otter
1 x 4094-ORG GW Organic Pilsner

This is for a me and a work buddy. Thanks so much for putting this together!!!!!

Cheers,
Karl

OK I added TwigBentBrew, added St_Stephens additional MO, Springer I got your PM, Wilser just let me know.

My count takes us up to 37 sacks (40 sacks with wilserbrew) I haven't even added my list yet!!!

EDIT: Please notify me if I messed up anywhere. Now, it is only Monday, we have 40ish sacks in the order, plus there are several who have not provided their want list. If we walk into another pallet, there's more shipping cost, however I'm not certain the fuel surcharge of 20% for the new pallet would also need to be added. Food for thought.

EDIT2: We still have 7 guys who had shown an interest however have not provided a list. It is POSSIBLE to get another pallet going, but we'll have to see if it is worth it.

I could certainly back off on my list if there is too much demand for one pallet, but not enough for a second. Of course another way to look at it is perhaps those who snooze lose? ;-)

I could certainly back off on my list if there is too much demand for one pallet, but not enough for a second. Of course another way to look at it is perhaps those who snooze lose? ;-)

I hear ya about the snoozers Bobby. I was thinking if getting 3 or 4 sacks all together, but I had worries of where the hell I would store it. Wilser wants 3 too, so that right there tops us out for one pallet. Let's see if the 6 or 7 others who haven't responded yet can add a good deal more to make it worth another pallet. Anyone know of anyone else outside the forums who might want in to help with a second pallet? I have a HB meeting Wednesday and could ask some of the guys - unfortunaltey they like to spend $70 - $90 a sack for the grains that Defiant Brewery gets, I forget the current price.

My lot was already considering a couple extra sacks for my club members but I hadn't taken any hard orders. I have a meeting tomorrow night and I'll take firm orders. Realistically, I don't want to cart more than say 20 sacks all that way in my little Dakota.

OK guys,, sorry I'm late to the party here, circumstances as they are, I'll cut my order to two sacks as shown below.

2060 Pale Ale Malt (one sack)
T101 Maris Otter (one sack)

I'd also be interested in some split sacks of specialty grains / wheat if we go that direction...but either way I'm good w/ the two sacks listed above.

Thanks!

OK guys,, sorry I'm late to the party here, circumstances as they are, I'll cut my order to two sacks as shown below.

2060 Pale Ale Malt (one sack)
T101 Maris Otter (one sack)

I'd also be interested in some split sacks of specialty grains / wheat if we go that direction...but either way I'm good w/ the two sacks listed above.

Thanks!

You just made the first pallet Wilserbrewer

Everyone who is in on this buy, please check in for the status, check the list and let me know if there are any changes needed.

Hey man. I'm ok dropping the starsan. I just bought a smaller quantity at brewmasters.

I did have a club meeting last night. My current order is for 10 sacks on the first pallet, but I COULD make that 27 as of right now if we go to a second pallet. That's obviously enough to get 17 sacks on the second pallet. We'll need some more on there to get the per sack shipping back down. Come on!

Here's my current order:

10 sacks Pils B101
8 sacks MO 0758
4 sacks Canada 2-row 2002
4 sacks munich B201
1 sack Vienna B301

That's like $900 worth of malt. Let me know how you'd want to handle payment. If it's going on your credit card, I could show up with a bank check for the exact amount when I pick up or whatever you want.

Also, I get the feeling like I'm being a total pain in the ass trying to represent a whole club and changing my order over and over. If that's the case, I can split off and order my own pallet especially if we can't fill the second pallet. Let me know preference there. You'd retain 31 sacks on your pallet for a decent shipping rate, and I'd have 27 on mine. The downside is that neither of us would get the 2000lb+ discount.

Can your truck handle all those plus 3 if I add another sack Bobby?

If so I will amend my order to this:

1 sack Canada 2 row 2002
1 sack Vienna B301
1 sack MO 0758

If not, drop the MO from my order.

if we could make the 2nd pallet worth it and fill it up, i would be in for 2 sacks. if not, then thats ok since i picked up a sack of MO a week or 2 ago.

If the 2nd pallet fills up enough, I'll get the malt transported. My wife goes up to Paramus at least once a week and she could get at least 5 sacks in the car without a problem.

Is a second pallet being ordered? I'd be interested in a couple bags. Let me know and I can give you specifics!
Thanks so much!

OK, I've made a mental note on the last few posts. HEXMONKEY, I got your PM and made the changes ( I did not yet make changes to reflect the above 3 or 4 posts). Bobby, adding the 17 sacks plus the, what, 4 or 5 that are added on in the last few posts takes us near the "25 sack to make it worth while" amount. I have a HB meeting tonight and I'll see if anyone wants to get in on the buy

EDIT: As far as payment, I'd prefer payment up front if possible as this is looking to a large amount. I'd need to see if I have room on my CC!

What is the best way to make payments to you for this kind of thing? Anyone with experience want to chime in with how others have done it?

Is there a set date for when final orders/changes to orders have to be in?

If it's easier, I can call NCM directly and ask them to take partial payment from me and the rest from you.

They will almost certainly do this with no problem.

I'm ready to pay whenever. Will you be posting the final total that we each owe along with the paypal address?

I think I remember Edwort's group buy whereas everyone involved called NCM w/ CC #'s. I think the group buy chairperson assigned the $$ split, and NCM accepted the charges from all invloved in the buy. So I would imagine everyone involved needs a $$ total and a deadline to call NCM and pay up.

I offer this as I was impressed w/ the simplicity rather than paypalling or having someone front $$.

edit...I think all that's needed is to supply NCM w/ the breakdown of charges so they can confirm total payment.

I'm ready!

does anyone know if there hop prices lowered as nice as hopsdirect? i would also be interested in a pound of simcoe

Back