NY / NJ Area Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone knows they might have a problem with getting their sacks, please speak up. I'm sure there's always an alternative to leaving them at the delivery place for too long. I might be able to take some sacks and meet or make a drop off if necessary. Make a post so that everyone on the buy could consider helping out.

I'll be there Friday btwn 2 and 3pm =)

Depending on when the grain arrives on Thursday, I might get anxious and take some time off around lunch to pick mine up.

Thanks again for hooking this up!!!! :fro:

Ken, I can pick mine up Thursday between 4-5PM or, more likely, Friday between 7-8AM. But, it's a busy week for me at work and quite a hike. Is there anyone here who lives/works close to Newark or Edison who would be willing to pick up my 2 sacks for me?

If I wanted to see a malt analysis for these particular lots of grain, can I just call/fax Country Malt Group and ask? Their website is a little vague on this.

Are we still a system go for Thursday? Do you know an approximate time for delivery?

I'm psyched to have this much grain in my brewery =)

I'm going to be driving out there on Saturday AM from Brooklyn -- if anyone needs help getting grain back to Brooklyn, I'd be happy to help.

Hey Barley D...I just noticed you are in Landing. I am in Roxbury. I was planning on taking off early on Thurs to pick up this grain or grabbing it Friday around 2. If you want I can grab yours also and you can just pick it up at my house. Save you a trip...

Anyone else in West Morris Area that would like me to pick up their grain? Anyone else want to get mine :p

Hey Barley D...I just noticed you are in Landing. I am in Roxbury. I was planning on taking off early on Thurs to pick up this grain or grabbing it Friday around 2. If you want I can grab yours also and you can just pick it up at my house. Save you a trip...

Anyone else in West Morris Area that would like me to pick up their grain? Anyone else want to get mine :p

That'd be great, thanks :rockin:
PM me your address and the best times to pick up and I'll come by.
Thanks again.

Sounds good guys. The grains are in the truck and on their way. Hopefully the tracking system will give me a solid ETA. If I do get one and if I have time I'll post it here.

yes, the grain is there and waiting. I separated all the sacks and stacked them back onto the pallet according to what everyone ordered. JoMarky, your Vienna is in several ziplock bags I left on top of the whole stack. The list is there kind of separating everyones order. I apologize if yours is on bottom and you're one of the first to get there. Just remember to get them ASAP.

EDIT: If anyone wants the malt analysis, I can email it to you, just PM me

Picked up mine and Barley D's at 430 yesterday. Nice job organizing every ones orders. It made it very easy to sort through it all. You're the man!!

All the CNJ pallet sacks have been picked up from my house. I appreciate how quickly you guys took them off my hands. I still have a few Whales that haven't done so and I'm thinking about mashing 50 gallons in my bathtub to dispose of it ;-) I kid.

picked my 2 up today, thanks everyone who helped make this happen

Picked up this am. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!!!

Got mine this morning as well. Rommel, many thanks for all the time you put into this, and for weighing out and bagging up that split sack for me. I meant to ask but was half asleep, were any of the employees at Anchor members here or did someone just have a connection to the place?

Thank you all as well. It looks like ST_STEPHEN was the only hold out for the pickup. As far as Mon & Tues, I was informed yesterday that it looks like the owner (Frank) of Anchor might not be closing. I'm not positive about that so you might want to call first.
And no, no one at Anchor was a member. Frank is the brother of a fellow member from the Brews Brothers forum.
It feels good to not have to pay upwards of $70+ a sack doesn't it?

im not sure if it was the owner or not, but i gave the guy at the counter 2 bottles of stout for letting us use the place. i didnt have time to chat much though, i was in and out in 5mins

we should do another groupbuy for late spring/or summer.

Sucks that missed out on this! Anyone between Trenton and Carteret, NJ over buy? I'd love to take some Pale/Munich/Vienna off your hands!

Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold sells breiss 2-row for $42 per 50 lb sack...just an idea? Not a bad price w/ no shipping. That is my source if I can't get in a bulk buy.

Latest posts

Back