Northwest Missouri Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWMOBrewer

Reaction score
I am from Northwest Missouri (Maryville) and have decided to begin to brew my own beer. I love beer and have been drinking 1 or 2 (or more some nights) on almost a nightly basis. I do not yet have a kit, but have been saving bottles and gallon size wine bottles for a while. I am looking for any tips and tricks any of you can give me. Being young (only 21 as of last January) I still have a lot to learn from you all. I will post specific questions as they come up. Thank you all in advance for all of your advice and help!!

:ban::ban::ban:

P.S. I overuse Smilies. Sorry.:mad:

Welcome! Seems like your situation is much like mine was when I decided to start. Only difference was I had a few 1gal cider jugs rather than wine. I'd just buy one from the organic health food store, get home and pour a bit of cote de blanc or montrachet (both wine yeasts) pop on an airlock and wait. Thats how I got started.
Whats your favorite go-to beer/What would you like to be your first homebrew?

GO BEARCATS!!! I'm a 1998 grad of NWMSU, welcome to the addiction. If I'd started brewing at your age I never would have graduated!!

Graduating is still a few years away even for me. Its just really hard to start having little money and being in college. I'm thinking about making a blow off bucket instead of using an airlock. Anytips?

You can just get a gallon bucket from depot or lowes and get I think it's 1.5" tubing that fits in the top of the carboy. Run your tube from the top of the carboy to the bucket filled with some h20 and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Back