NooBie from York, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALCA

Reaction score
I'm taking the plunge and crossing over to home brew finally. A buddy and I prepared our first brew this weekend and are now anxiously waiting during the fermenting period. This site seems to be the best Home Brew Forum out there. I hope to become a brewmaster one day off this site.

I'm taking the plunge and crossing over to home brew finally. A buddy and I prepared our first brew this weekend and are now anxiously waiting during the fermenting period. This site seems to be the best Home Brew Forum out there. I hope to become a brewmaster one day off this site.
Welcome from another York brewer! This is the greatest site I have found for homebrewing.

Welcome to the funderful world of Fermentation!! :mug:

Warrior: I have to go to El Paso, TX and White Sands, NM this Sunday (3-8 Aug). I'll be back home on Friday.

The following Monday I'll be headed to York (Aug 11-14/15) for a couple of days.

Want to get together again? I'll see if I can bring along a keg of something or at least a case of something...:D

Yo, new guy, want to meet/drink with us? The first round's always on me...:mug:;)

Welcome to the funderful world of Fermentation!! :mug:

Warrior: I have to go to El Paso, TX and White Sands, NM this Sunday (3-8 Aug). I'll be back home on Friday.

The following Monday I'll be headed to York (Aug 11-14/15) for a couple of days.

Want to get together again? I'll see if I can bring along a keg of something or at least a case of something...:D

Yo, new guy, want to meet/drink with us? The first round's always on me...:mug:;)
Sounds like a plan, I've got quite a few brews in bottle right now. What about some steaks on the grill at my place? I'm only 15 mins N. of York. No need to worry about buying just bring some of your good homebrews.

Thanks for the welcome. Do you guys (in York) prefer to buy your supplies at a certain place in york, or does it not matter?

I live in IL, but when I'm in town I drop by Mr. Steve's. He's about 4 - 5 miles north of the York. I don't recall the road.

I was there about 2 months ago and took in a couple bottles of something for tasting, ah, hefe weizens they were.

Thanks for the welcome. Do you guys (in York) prefer to buy your supplies at a certain place in york, or does it not matter?
Mr Steve's is the closest place. In Lemoyne there is Scotzin Bros which is only open Wed and Sat but he does have a very large selection of supplies.

I live in IL, but when I'm in town I drop by Mr. Steve's. He's about 4 - 5 miles north of the York. I don't recall the road.

I was there about 2 months ago and took in a couple bottles of something for tasting, ah, hefe weizens they were.

I stopped by Mr. Steve's this past weekend and Dave was in there working (real helpful guy) and he got us up and running. I think Mr. Steve's will be my go to shop...just 3 miles from home

I thought instead of starting another thread I would just tag on to ALCA's.

Just wanted to introduce myself as I too am new to homebrewing. ALCA and I just made our first batch last weekend. Mr. Steve's is the place to go.

I am definately looking forward to learning as much as I can and before we have a local "BeerFest" I would like to make sure that ALCA and I dial in a good tasting beer and not some piss&vinegar if ya know what i mean prior to this event. I would definatly be willing to host said event as well. I live right off N. George street towards Manchester and Mr. Steve's is close by.

Anywho.......drink up:D

I thought instead of starting another thread I would just tag on to ALCA's.

Just wanted to introduce myself as I too am new to homebrewing. ALCA and I just made our first batch last weekend. Mr. Steve's is the place to go.

I am definately looking forward to learning as much as I can and before we have a local "BeerFest" I would like to make sure that ALCA and I dial in a good tasting beer and not some piss&vinegar if ya know what i mean prior to this event. I would definatly be willing to host said event as well. I live right off N. George street towards Manchester and Mr. Steve's is close by.

Anywho.......drink up:D
I'm right up the hill from you, you'll have to stop by sometime and have a brew. PM me for directions.

I'm gonna piggyback on qdog's piggyback here. I'm from York (Queen St.) new to the forum and always up for trades, brew days, etc. I've got a nice IPA that's been aging in a corny while my new kegerator is being built. Feel free to shoot me a line if you ever need something in a pinch or want to get together.

Back