Noob keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freisste

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times, but is there a good way to seal a keg? I mean, I understand the mechanism and my gasket looks good, but when I spray with a little soapy water I'm still getting bubbles. I already emptied my CO2 tank once and just caught it before I emptied it a second time. Is there something I can put on the gasket?

Definitely start with keg lube ("food grade" silicone grease - you can usually find the equivalent in the hardware store plumbing department). It can cure many ills. Beyond that, try placing a dime under each lid bail foot to add some sealing pressure...

Cheers!

I've been trying to be disciplined and use the "set it and forget it" method at about 11psi. I have to crank it up to about 30psi to try to seal it. Even then, it seems like I can't get a good enough seal at times or I have to hold it with all my strength for a LONG time until enough pressure builds. Obviously even though the pressure is high, the gas flow is very low.

Back