NHC 2015 San Diego- roll call!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Club night goes until 11:30p.

In my opinion, club night is the highlight of the whole darn thing.

I'm actually not attending the nhc unfortunately. Work got in the way, but seeing as how I live in San Diego... Friday, Saturday and Sunday night I'm totally free (and brewing Sunday morning)

T-minus 12 Hours until the flight...beers and fish tacos...fish tacos and beer...and beer..and beer.

I am in. Just met a number of attendees at White Labs. This will be my first conference and the reason why I finally signed up for the AHA.

Cool. Not sure what they have left (half the beers I wanted to try were out), but the Pacific Ale dunkleweizen reminded me when I drank the left overs of my dunkleweizen's steeping bag.

I'm actually not attending the nhc unfortunately. Work got in the way, but seeing as how I live in San Diego... Friday, Saturday and Sunday night I'm totally free (and brewing Sunday morning)

It was so great meeting you and your wife! I had a great time. Let's catch up, but I'm thinking Saturday afternoon/evening we could do something for dinner/beers if you want? Some of us aren't going to the banquet and would be free to be out and about.

Just got to my hotel where are people at?

Sorry to have missed you- I just came up to bed. it's 3:30 AM central time, after all. Do you want to try to meet at the hospitality area (AZ_IPA's club is serving) and then see about getting together for lunch/dinner?

I had beers with many HBT'ers and others tonight out and then again at Charlie's so we are here!

It was so great meeting you and your wife! I had a great time. Let's catch up, but I'm thinking Saturday afternoon/evening we could do something for dinner/beers if you want? Some of us aren't going to the banquet and would be free to be out and about.

Sorry to have missed you- I just came up to bed. it's 3:30 AM central time, after all. Do you want to try to meet at the hospitality area (AZ_IPA's club is serving) and then see about getting together for lunch/dinner?

I had beers with many HBT'ers and others tonight out and then again at Charlie's so we are here!

Absolutely! Just let me know what your plan is!

Had some travel trouble yesterday but got here....hungry and thirsty and went to Ocean Beach for fish tacos and brews and desert at Stone Liberty Station. Never made it to T&C but headed there shortly.....where is LUNCH?

Dinner is probably better as I'm working the show. Feel free to text me at 503-799-0989. (This applies to anyone at the show)

I hung out with Michael Tonsmeier all night at the BNA10 party and talked sour beer. Not a bad first night!

Did anyone go to the Homebrew Law panel this morning? Interested to see how it went and what they talked about.

Not attending the conference, but as a SD local I feel really spoiled reading this thread☺. BTW if you are going to ballast point in Miramar there is a new brewery called Duckfoot around the corner that is really excellent (and I happen to know one of the owners)

Not attending the conference, but as a SD local I feel really spoiled reading this thread☺. BTW if you are going to ballast point in Miramar there is a new brewery called Duckfoot around the corner that is really excellent (and I happen to know one of the owners)

Duckfoot was at the Pro Night in the first area. Surprised me since they just had the official opening a week ago today.

Dinner is probably better as I'm working the show. Feel free to text me at 503-799-0989. (This applies to anyone at the show)

I hung out with Michael Tonsmeier all night at the BNA10 party and talked sour beer. Not a bad first night!

I had a great time having dinner with you. It was a pleasure getting to know you. Thanks!

I had a great time as well. Ended up walking into the Mead Panel on the fly (forgot to plan that session) and fell in love with the mead; probably drank several times more of that stuff during the conference than my entire life (I usually have avoided it at all costs due to having bad ones and horrible headaches).

I also had the best Vienna lager I have had and it was the homebrew version of Devils Backbone instead of the actual brewery version. This was at the Bringing the Brewery Home seminar.

It was great meeting everyone! Yooper (still my heroine!), AZ_IPA, Shooter and Soper! Ya'll made my first NHC a blast!!! I couldn't believe how many sours there were all week! Most memorable beers for me were a Sour Stout & Mango Lambic from Club Night, a Bochet Dubbel, a Honey Tai Chili and a Raspberry Serrano. Not sure if I will make NHC a yearly event, but I'm planning on perhaps every 2 years. It was a great time all in all.

I missed it I was in a different seminar. Craig gave the talk I believe and I will tag him to see if he can chime in on that. @msbrewblog

Yep, I was one of the speakers. My portion was on changing beer laws grassroots style.

Let me know if I can provide any info. The audio and presentation will be up on the AHA soon.

Yep, I was one of the speakers. My portion was on changing beer laws grassroots style.

Let me know if I can provide any info. The audio and presentation will be up on the AHA soon.

Just wondering how much they specifically talked about the change in CA homebrew law. I know there was a lot of grumblings about homebrew and commercial brew having to be separated. It is my understanding that one of the speakers was Tom McCormick from the California Craft Brewers Assoc. I heard that his group was the one that inserted that language into the new law. Just wondering if that subject was mentioned. Thanks!

It was great meeting everyone! Yooper (still my heroine!), AZ_IPA, Shooter and Soper! Ya'll made my first NHC a blast!!! I couldn't believe how many sours there were all week! Most memorable beers for me were a Sour Stout & Mango Lambic from Club Night, a Bochet Dubbel, a Honey Tai Chili and a Raspberry Serrano. Not sure if I will make NHC a yearly event, but I'm planning on perhaps every 2 years. It was a great time all in all.

Hey, I just got a note from the guy that made that raspberry Serrano beer that we both like so much. It was by @LVGriff from this forum.

I met so many new friends at this conference. I am still in San Diego, and I did not know @brewbien was looking for someone to have a beer with yesterday evening. Sorry about that. Soper and Sacc we're still in San Diego until this morning. I went fishing (as planned) with @sudbuddy and @agrazela what really was the highlight of this whole trip for me, although hanging with you guys and having beers with you was right up there as well. This was definitely one of my favorite conferences.

amazing time as always. thanks to Youps for reigning us in, and to Soper for creating reasons to need to be reigned in :D

so much sour beer at club night... my tummy was feeling it saturday morning :drunk:

to all crazies i saw in SD: hope to see some/most of you in ol' balwmor next year, hon!

Hey, I just got a note from the guy that made that raspberry Serrano beer that we both like so much. It was by @LVGriff from this forum.

Very cool! I was able to find out that it was the Pacific Gravity Club that had been pouring on Friday, but leave it to you to find the brewer! :drunk:

Back