NHC 2014 - Limit of 6 Entries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the site for entries is very similiar to most beer comps site but i don't see a way to edit the actual entry data or upload an xml file. when i click edit entry all i can edit is co-brewer and name and style. anyone else?

I think I had the same issue last year; I was never able to enter a recipe (not that it really matters, I suppose). Today, I could only edit the same things you were able to edit. I hope that we're allowed to change the entries as late as they say you can. As I recall, last year I couldn't change anything after the initial registration.

No email yet for me. Can someone who received theirs post what the subject and or sender was. Thanks

Anyone get a reject?

I'm still waiting for mine too. Does it seem like they're going in alphabetical order by last name? My last name starts with a "W".

Clubmates have gotten their emails that their entries have been accepted. All of us had Philly as first choice. Alas, I have not received an email yet. So hopefully all is not lost.

It would seem that they have some poor sap manually emailing them out :D

It would seem that they have some poor sap manually emailing them out :D

Come be an intern at the BA/AHA they said. It will be easy they said.

Staff: Hey...um....you! We need you to email 3,400 members about their acceptance into the NHC first round.

Intern: Ok, just send me the data file.

Staff: Haha! It is on paper...have fun!

I was informed that they are staggering the notification emails. Apparently they are doing so to help with server/bandwidth load, i.e. prevent the failures of previous years.

I received my notification of 4 entries to the Nashville Judging center earlier this afternoon. Other members of my local club got their emails hours later and some have still yet to receive an email.

I had no issues logging in, editing my entry information, and paying for my entries.

I picked KC for my first choice, and listed everything except california, washingtion and NYC for alternates... Have not gotten an e-mail yet in regard to KC.

I would hope that everyone that entered would get at least one beer into the competition. That would suck if they allowed people to get all 4 entries, then exclude someone completely.

If they didn't, they should have drew entries per beer.

Anyone get St. Paul yet? A friend of mine got his notification for Ohio (one of his alternate sites) which I also selected as an alternate but haven't heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Just got my email. Put in for 3 and got 3. Pretty excited! Now, what to enter?

Got 2 in Philly, all paid and ready to go. Now I just need to brew some beer :) j/k

It's funny because I actually do still need to brew. I went in to this whole process expecting to at least have a chance at 15, so I started brewing lagers just prior to the "6 entry limit" announcement. My American Wheat and a fruit beer still need to be brewed, but that'll be easy to have them ready for March 15.

At least brewing with the expectation of 15 entries leaves me with lots of choices on the best beers to enter!

Got mine at 10:10am CST for St. Paul.

Maybe they are going by member #. I am in the low 40000s.

Email just showed up for 2 entries in KC. I guess I need to hold a taste testing tonight to figure which of my brews get to go.

I was able to pay for mine this morning as well. 4 entries to Nashville here. Can't get the bottle labels to print to Adobe but that's probably issues with my machine at home.

Got mine at 10:10am CST for St. Paul.

Maybe they are going by member #. I am in the low 40000s.

Got mine for four in St. Paul at the same time with a member number in the 9s, so not sure we've figured out a pattern. I'm happy though!

Got mine for St. Paul about an hour ago!

Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Still nothing on my end. I know there's days left for them to notify everyone but its hard not to feel let down at this point.

Don't feel let down, be happy you're not wasting $70 and a 12 pack. :D

Seriously though, I think everyone is getting as many entries as they put in for based off how many responses I've seen from people who got all entries they wanted (lots) and how many people who haven't (none).

For those of you still not notified, be sure to check your spam folder (or Promotions folder if you're a gmail user). That's where I found mine this morning and it was sent out yesterday at 1030 am.

Back