Newbie to kegging and looking for suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaheel

Reaction score
I just scored a full size refrigerator and am ready to purchase a keg set-up. I would like to work up to 4 taps, but start out with two in the beginning. I do not have anything yet as far as kegging equipment.

Is it better to just purchase a kit? Buy the kegs and other pieces seperately? Should I go for a manifold system or tee? Any recommedations on the correct regulator and tank size?

Thanks in advance for any input!

It will probably be about the same price either way you do it. I'd go ahead and get your 4 way manifold right off the bat. For now you can just run them all off a single regulator, but in the future you might want single regulators off of each line so you can have separate pressure settings for each tap.

A 5 lb tank will suffice, but if you have the means you might want to consider just stepping up to a 10 or 20. It will just mean more time between having to refill.

Latest posts

Back