New water profile and brewfather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlobberinDog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I finally got around to getting the water from my local coin operated water station tested. Would it be safe to say I just consider it completely RO water? My city tap water is great and damn near a blank slate but this is awesome! Is there anything I should do in Brewfather for this one?
Attached is a screenshot of the new report.
Not bad for 3.00 per batch of brew!

Attachments

• 343AC5E9-7C5D-4D31-8372-8AF259353D48.jpeg
    343AC5E9-7C5D-4D31-8372-8AF259353D48.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
Hey all, I finally got around to getting the water from my local coin operated water station tested. Would it be safe to say I just consider it completely RO water?

I might be missing something, but I strongly suspect it is RO water. Or are you asking if you could just treat it like distilled water? If so, yes.

Is there anything I should do in Brewfather for this one?

Again, I might be missing something in your meaning, but what you should do in Brewfather (or wherever) is build it up with salt additions to get the profile you'd like for any given style/batch.

I might be missing something, but I strongly suspect it is RO water. Or are you asking if you could just treat it like distilled water? If so, yes.

Again, I might be missing something in your meaning, but what you should do in Brewfather (or wherever) is build it up with salt additions to get the profile you'd like for any given style/batch.
I guess what I’m asking is how should I enter all of the <1 numbers into my profile. Sorry for my confusing wording

Ah. I'd enter 0. The error introduced by not adding some unknown fraction of one ppm will never make a difference.

Can't go lower than zero and the <1 ppm report is close enough to zero.

The other thing to have handy when buying from a water machine, is your own TDS meter. They're cheap and they'll tell you if the machine is really producing pure water. You can read more on this subject here: TDS Meter: Do You Need One? | Bru'n Water
I’ll pick one up! Thank you so much! The beer that this water has been producing has been amazing so I’m hooked on it.

Back